'70 dart front park lamp lens color

-

65-440

Reaction score
Decided to replace my original and cracked park lamp lenses....ordered from classic and listed 70/71 but painted to 1970 factory color ..... this isn't right, 70 had silver lines up and down, these are black....am I wrong or are these parts not right for '70?

16397004443685947453022615550111.jpg

Classic just told me I was wrong and 70 darts had black grills...their customer service never fails

Could just take a silver paint pen and paint the top edge of the fins...but yes it’s painted for 1971. Originals are pretty hard to find in nice condition. Keep in mind lefts and right look almost the same and easily get mixed up, they are different.

I’d tell them to get bent....they are 100% wrong but they have the nerve to tell you that YOU are wrong....bullshit, I’d return them and find some from somewhere else!

Could just take a silver paint pen and paint the top edge of the fins...but yes it’s painted for 1971. Originals are pretty hard to find in nice condition. Keep in mind lefts and right look almost the same and easily get mixed up, they are different.

I’d tell them to get bent....they are 100% wrong but they have the nerve to tell you that YOU are wrong....bullshit, I’d return them and find some from somewhere else!
There is a good chance they will send the same ones back because that's probably what their books are telling them. I bought lower ball joints for my Scamp from rockauto and they sent the wrong ones twice even though I explained the difference very clearly to them, including measurements and photos. Because...... that's what their books said.

I could paint them but it would not come out good! Plus that's besides the point, I'm not happy about it at all. I will be returning them.....I feel like I have a 50/50 shot with these guys, one good order followed by one terrible one.

OER makes these things. Sold through several companies. Currently it seems that if you buy a complete 1970/71 grille from them you get the center section painted as a 1970 and the parking lights and headlight surrounds both painted as a 1971. Yep that's right no matter which you want, you have to repaint half of what you get!!!

To make matters worse the silver they use is NOT like the factory color. I tried calling their tech line to get the paint color that they are using so it would match when I repainted and THEY DON"T HAVE THAT INFORMATION!!!! This means that you have to repaint all the parts so that they match.

This is right up there with the 1970 console door that they sell for a fortune with no provision for the button latch/lock.

I give them my money because they are the only game in town, but I don't have to like it...

To make things even better I was just told I would be responsible for the shipping back to them....some nerve these guys

-
Back