70 duster getting some boost..

-
Im running Megasquirt MSX-3 from diyautotune.com

It has capabilities for Meth "Progressive or whatever" , 3 Step, 2 or more stages of NOS etc. The possibilities are endless with the MSX-3

World Land Speed Record holder here with a TT Hemi Running MSX-3

http://www.diyautotune.com/racing/bonneville_speedweek2012.htm

Car #97 Speedweek 2012 record qualification pass - YouTube
yea that daytona is unbelievable! that run looked so effortless. what trans is in it, jerico- gforce.? craftsmanship on that car was top notch. but you cannot cut corners when running those speeds. shouldnt cut corners on any build.

ill be running either bs3, fast xfi, holley dominator, or electromotive..

still up in the air.. i have alot of work to do before thats ready.. and i just bought my first house so that puts a little hold on the poor ruster..
ha ha , gotcha- i know all to well about buying a house and doing a projects but depending on how much work your house needs and financially hurting the bank account for a while you'll be back at it in no time! the reason i was asking was im looking into switching to efi on my 340 street car and was looking at the new holley terminator TBI and thats based off there technology fro the nascar set ups they run and sapposed to be the most advanced on the market right now and the easiest to set up. when i start my single turbo w8 build next year i think i'll be using the dominator efi based on my research so far. but i plan to race either drag radial or a 10.5 class. anyway good luck with house, i'll be following this tread. MARK now i have to spend the rest of the day shoveling2.5 feet of snow!

thank you... got the main hoop and D bars finished last night on the cage.. ill get some pictures up here soon

Subscribed. Awesome work with the build. Very jealous of how quickly you're making progress. Mine took 6 years and she's still not done lol.

-Mike

No I haven't.. gonna wait till I install them and get the car set where I want for ride height and order the coilovers that lenghth.. I want it to sit pretty low..

Cool, i got the same setup for my duster and havent ordered shocks or springs yet. Mind letting me know what you end up using?

little update..

my dillinger front end showed up.. also have pst drop spindles on the way..
ResizedImage_1365606879478_zpse81cb99f.jpg

ResizedImage_1365606862479_zps70b07a40.jpg

goes together very easy.. scored some 10.5 inch hal qa1s from a buddy..

got some of the chromoly cage squared away
ResizedImage_1365613562390_zps8da03358.jpg

gonna be able to keep the full interior as well..

ResizedImage_1365606916614_zpsf9c1f02f.jpg

ResizedImage_1365606929892_zps5a72f434.jpg

ResizedImage_1365606901354_zps78a72a12.jpg

ResizedImage_1365606969920_zpsa1aceafc.jpg

ResizedImage_1365606929892_zps5a72f434.jpg

more to come.. gonna work more on the cage this weekend then it will be the rear suspension and front end so it can roll..

Thanks guys.. its coming together slowly.. can't wait till it is a roller then I can tear it down and start on the body work and paint..

It is gunna sit Really LOW with those spindles. I was going to get the drop spindles also.... I have Dillinger's set up on my front end. Here are a few pics from awhile ago. My Rear is 4 linked so it can go even lower than you see here. Those are 325/50/15's in the rear. This is at ride height that is about 23.5-24" to the front fender lip. 1" Compression on the shock and 4.5" of shock droop.

View attachment phpagJmFKPM-1-1.jpg

View attachment phpshbdZrPM-1-1.jpg

View attachment php04WlFIPM.jpg

That looks good.. how long are your coilovers? What size front tire?

Sitting low is the plan.. my 325s are going to be burried in the 1/4s as well.. pictures to come of it as a roller..

That looks good.. how long are your coilovers? What size front tire?

Sitting low is the plan.. my 325s are going to be burried in the 1/4s as well.. pictures to come of it as a roller..

195/70/15's on the front. I forget what size shocks I used. I know I am starting out with 450lb springs.

a update just for you^ lol

decided to yard out the ugly stock firewall.

made these weld on rings that will seal the firewall for the charge pipe

a2w intercooler core

getting the exhaust mocked up..

will sit pretty low..

started deburing the valley of the block

got the dash fitted

Lookinn really good! The project has morphed that is for sure. I can see you have made some serious changes which are affecting the finish line! I know the feeling! Lol

Question, do the front tires clear the fender when trying to turn?

they dont touch at all... BUT they will if the suspension is compressed any like if i am pulling up a drive way or whatever.. ive grinded/rolled them the best i could.. i think im going to modify the lower control arms to bring the tires in 1 inch on each side.. looks like it would work with everything.. and yes the car has morphed quite a bit.. it has turned more "race" however i still plan on driving it on the street as much as a can.. my goal is to drive to the track break cert on the cage and drive home.. lol

Looking great Ryan, all you sent me was the teaser pic,.lol. Are you putting the a/w under the dash? That's where i had been hoping to get mine to fit

-
Back