70 Sport Fury GT 440+6 V code on CL

-
My records show 61 being built in 1970 V codes , PH23VOD------

Seriously? :wack:

There isn't anything "sporty" or "performance orientated" about a big old hulking land barge like the what the Fury had become by '70. Just can't understand why they would stick that motor in such a boat? But if you back up a few years to '64, when the Sport Fury was a kick-a$$ performance car, the V-code (if it was available then) would have fit right in with the car.

This was at a show I attended this past Sunday. Unrestored car.

Attachments

• 102_3529.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 257
LOL..like i always say.... don't like my car or price.. remember after all this is still america.. so FEEL FREE TO BUY SOMEONE else's...!...

Seriously? :wack:

There isn't anything "sporty" or "performance orientated" about a big old hulking land barge like the what the Fury had become by '70. Just can't understand why they would stick that motor in such a boat? But if you back up a few years to '64, when the Sport Fury was a kick-a$$ performance car, the V-code (if it was available then) would have fit right in with the car.

It was part of the Plymouth Rapid Transit System so Mopar evidently thought it was 'performance oriented'. Pretty impressive list of equipment.
Dallas

Attachments

• 70rtsad2.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 236
Rare doesn't always mean valuable. I would really love to have that car, and I know there aren't many others out there, but it's just not worth it. I just found, and my friend bought it, a V code 4spd Dana 70 Bee in slightly better condition than that, for $1500. Dan, if you ever come down to a reasonable price, I would be interested.

plenty of 70 440-6 V code Sport fury GT's out there to choose from if you really want one!...

attachment.php

I always thought that Plymouth should have had the Superbird in the center of that RTS ad. Having that big old land barge Fury in there they might as well thrown in a couple of station wagons too!

I know this car. It was in a junk yard in rural NW GA back in the 80's/90's. I remember going by it countless times never thinking that it would ever be pulled it out of there.
Interestingly enough, it looks about the same now as it did then. I personally would love to have it but way above my pay grade at 18K.

-
Back