70 swinger full chassis car

-

Kennkenniff

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Is 17000$ to much to pay for all this

I apologize in advance for lack of photos, but im in the process of negotiating to buy a second abody and its more a Ford right now than a mopar, it's a full custom chassis I've been told was built by Phoenix racing in the 90s it has a steel swinger shell dropped on this chassis ill list the specs I remeber
-9" Ford rear with 4link, wheelie bars and runs 18.5/31" tires, 1 broken strange axle
-mustang 2 front suspension with rack and pinion with stock mustang2 11" rotors and tublar control arms
- front and mid engine plates
-seized stock 440 sitting in car
-fiberglass, bumpers,hood,doors,deck lid, currently has stock steel doors on it for street use so the preview owner could smoke while street racing
-all msd 7al ignition parts for racing
-champion aluminum rad with electric fans and moroso water pump
- almost new engine on crate built buy for hemis only in Bewdley ontario with
-indy 440-1 heads and roller rockers
-Roller cam unknown
-kellogg forged stroker crank and unknown pistons to match to make it around 500"
-1inch billet block girdle
Runs 13-5-1 compression and only has 3 passes on engine
-indy single plane intake with unknown dominator intake
-nice billet rims
727 transmission built by (best tranny guy around)

The car is in very good shape for a car thats been sitting 20 years
Has some surface rust on some of the bracing that holds the front clip together but otherwise it's a beautiful car

Screenshot_20211012-110604_Messenger.jpg

I sold my 71 Dart chassis car that ran mid to low 9s and was
runner up on Pinks All Out with near new Indy 500 Mega block
Crate Engine for less than that turnkey. $7,000 Circus Paint
and everything polished and detailed. With many track closing
out West racecars are tough to sell at any price!

A car that old is probably mild steel. Good bracket car but you'll need that big motor to go 9's. Look for a Molly steel car with more updated parts such as suspension , safety gear, electronics and shocks. Ask him to see a weight slip.

$17K Canadian is about 13.7 US- still seems a little high for a car with a busted rear and 20 year old mechanicals, that were in unknown shape when parked. If you know an inspector from the local track, pay him to come with you to look at it. He'll fill you in on what it'll need to bring it up to date safety wise. The mechanicals could be a crapshoot, nice parts list but tough to say without seeing and inspecting. Why did it get parked?

$17K Canadian is about 13.7 US- still seems a little high for a car with a busted rear and 20 year old mechanicals, that were in unknown shape when parked. If you know an inspector from the local track, pay him to come with you to look at it. He'll fill you in on what it'll need to bring it up to date safety wise. The mechanicals could be a crapshoot, nice parts list but tough to say without seeing and inspecting. Why did it get parked?
That's great advice, unfortunately we don't have any tracks very close but im sure I could figure it out, the car is a family friends and I'd hate to see end up with just anyone, I just don't want to over pay, I know they spent alot of money having the motor built and haven't used it, but it's hard to tell someone that money spent 20 years ago doesn't hold its value, because from my research half of the cost to build the motor was labour, also the 17k was in usd because I knew most of you guys on here don't live in igloos

Yeah, way too much and an unknown cost to even get it running...

I'd say price all that stuff separately & add alot for the labor, that's a nice freaking car & sounds like a fine build, probably a steal. I'd pull the trigger at 10,000 Canadian since it is aged build.

Check out cars for sale on this site, someone I know just posted a complete race car for sale at a great price !

Thank you everyone, im not going to buy it unless I can get the price way down, it's a very well built and tight and right everything was done by someone with good attention to details, its racecar that's actually street legal, ive been given proof of the new stroker motor that it cost 14grand to build in 2006, im a sucker for old cars i grew up around, that's the reason I'm building a 72 340 demon my dad had a duster when I was a kid and the owner of this dart took me for a ride in his dart race car he owned before this one when I was about 12 and ive been a mopar horsepower junkie ever since

Man, I just don't see cars like that around, I would be very tempted. I am more of a 72 and down guy so they hold more value to me and they just are not around like they used to be, especially custom built race cars. I couldn't come close to building that car for the money they are asking.

more pics would help,looks like no wheels on it,and been sitting for 20 years and motor is seize ,not work the price,you would have to go through the brakes,fuel system,maybee wiring,lot to do,like a few said here,you can by a good running car for the price you would have to talkem down

-
Back