70 Swinger (Some Progress)

-

howco4

Reaction score
Finally closing in on the last of the bodywork, ( out of sandpaper anyway). This car must have lived in grociery store parking lots. I had trunk, doors, fenders & hood blasted. That revealed a lots of dents and dings. Decided to leave the top alone, as the original surface, less the outer layer was still in good shape. Will pull motor and tranny this week and have the firewall blasted. Howard

The Big Cut.jpg

Welded panel.jpg

Pink Fender.jpg

parts.jpg

Swinger.jpg

Got allot dun howco4!!
Better a grocery get'er than a hail job i bet.
keep it up looking good sir.

Still trying to decide on a color for the car. Starting to lean twords a red with a orange overtone to it. (Porsche Indian red, with a little more orange). May have to do a special mix, as I haven't found a comparable paint chip yet. Thanks for the comments. Howard

howco4 said:
Still trying to decide on a color for the car. Starting to lean twords a red with a orange overtone to it. (Porsche Indian red, with a little more orange). May have to do a special mix, as I haven't found a comparable paint chip yet. Thanks for the comments. Howard

Red is pretty nice!! :) Of course I am bias...

DartFrontGrillin.jpg

Like the red! Nobody commented on my "bucket seat"?? Gets me in and out of the garage under power. Howard

I like blue. My boys are kinda pushing me towards a more hotrod color. Still have not made a final decision yet. My wife says, " not another blue car". I still have two varities of primer on my shelf, rust and grey. At the end of the day, I will have to decide. Howard

-
Back