71 Dart 410 stroker ..

-
Machine shop called with bad news...that block is junk.....we were going to sleeve it...no problem...but going to .060 aint going to work on several of the other cylinders........Cheaper to use another block...as I have .030 pistons already.....will pull another block out of storage....

I believe the block at the machine shop is a 1977.....i have 3 or 4 of the earlier blocks still...going with one of those...

I put hylomar around all water passages. This stuff is highly regarded by everyone. Chrysler uses it at the dealership and sold it to the public through Mopar performance. Patented by Rolls Royce
I believe.
iwas going to post the same thing hylomar does not skim over as does sillycon

iwas going to post the same thing hylomar does not skim over as does sillycon
I cannot remember where I read it but someone was at a Cometic seminar and someone asked about a suitable sealant. The Cometic rep said they don't like to see any kind of sealer, but if you insist they recommended hylomar as well.

couple of things from way back in the thread
first BVVC with rods nicking each other in that box- they can break
second- U running B3's kit?
adjuster ups allow a longer pushrod
do you think the 1.6 helped with that time slip
do you re-round your tires or were the flat spots too bad

B3 Kit...Nope...

re-round tires?.......just replaced all 4 of them...lol

have never did any back to back comparison on the rockers..

Ok...dropped off block at machne shop today...this is an early block....the other was a 77 block...I stripped what i wanted off the block before they donated it to the salvage guy.....Had canton oil filter plate and kept the main caps and arp bolts.....

Probably this is the end of this thread....as someone asked me to start a new one went the Trick Flow heads go on......

-
Back