71 Dart rear valance

Mopar Body and Trim

1. Derrick Kidwell

Derrick Kidwell Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:24 AM
    Is there any rear valances that are the same as a 71 dart ? Mines rusted badly

2. Tr1970dart

Tr1970dart Active Member

Local Time:
    7:24 AM
    If you have a '71 Dart then a '70 Dart should be the same. Those two years of Darts are nearly identical in features. One difference I can think of this the rear bumper. The number of tail light openings is different from year to year.

3. Derrick Kidwell

Local Time:
    What about one from a valiant or scamp?

4. missing linc

missing linc Loose nut behind the wheel FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    6:24 AM
    As far as I know the rear valance should be the same from 70 to 73 Darts and Valiant/Scamp. May be some slight variations but I think it's basically the same piece.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Derrick Kidwell

Local Time:
      Great thanks for info

• Tr1970dart

Tr1970dart Active Member

Local Time:
      7:24 AM
      I don't have a solid answer for you on that. My car is a '71 Dart Swinger and through my rebuild I have discovered that many parts from the '70 Darts are interchangeable with the '71 Darts. I also know some of the parts from the Scamp, Darts, and Valiant are interchangeable through each other as well. They are basically the same car with a few cosmetic differences. Sometimes it makes a big difference if the car is a two door or four door too depending upon what you are talking about.

It seems to me that '68-'69 cars were similar. '70-'71 cars were very similar. '72-'73 were similar. It's almost like Dodge/Chrysler made parts for two consecutive years and after two years they changed things up a bit.

I can tell you for fact that front disc brakes from a '74 Dart will fit my '71 Dart that had drum brakes. I removed the entire front suspension and converted it. Control arms and all. I'm not sure if this is helping you or not.

• Derrick Kidwell

Local Time:
      All good to know mines or my Dad's dart Is a 2 door slant 6 automatic on the column he's 83 and finally getting to fixing it up it's also a drum brake car

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
      By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.