71 dart seat belt photos

-

fastr1

Reaction score
can anyone provide photos of a seat belt retractor installed with bench seat with the kit that upgrades the roof mount single belt to the update retractor set? and or a link to the bolts for a a body and or thread size? this is the most difficult of my projects and the seat belt company is less than helpful other than to tell you it goes in the factory spot, well the car has no belts in it currently and where I think the retractor and the long bracket for the shoulder harness won't allow the seat to slide back due to the retractor hitting the side of the seat, so either the seat is wrong for the car or the anchor point for the retractor is not where I have it located. I did find the mount hole at the headliner and the center mount by the trans tunnel, but without a picture to see where everything is mounted on the new style belts i'm lost.

thanks,

I don’t have a car to photo graph right now but the top belt hole is approx even with the top of the drivers seat head rest or just behind it. If there is a nut welded in the inside of the roof area that is.

Although it has been a long while , this topic has been hashed over before. Some aftermarket 3 point belt retractors do interfere with a-body seat travel. Those earlier discussions included fabricating a part to bolt into factory hole(s) that has hole(s) to reposition the aftermarket retractor further back. Strength of the added part? How to prevent its pivoting? Cutting and welding inside the quarter rail? etc...
From what I gather, some brands/designs fit better than others in a-body. Which a-body will make a difference too. What fits/works in 68 Dart may not work so good in 73 Duster.

Although it has been a long while , this topic has been hashed over before. Some aftermarket 3 point belt retractors do interfere with a-body seat travel. Those earlier discussions included fabricating a part to bolt into factory hole(s) that has hole(s) to reposition the aftermarket retractor further back. Strength of the added part? How to prevent its pivoting? Cutting and welding inside the quarter rail? etc...
From what I gather, some brands/designs fit better than others in a-body. Which a-body will make a difference too. What fits/works in 68 Dart may not work so good in 73 Duster.
thanks

-
Back