71 Demon Center console 4 speed?

-

dusterdemon

Reaction score
Is the center console door on a 71 Demon supossed to have a button to open it or not? I see some consoles with it and some without. Anybody have a pic of a 4 speed console in a 71 with the correct shifter? Thanks Warren

i have never seen a console door with out a button to open it? it either has a lock or no lock but i think they all had the button to push to open it....as far as the console 4 speed thing, i cannot ever recall seeing a console with any manual trans in a demons or duster. i don't think they came with one for a stick....

you could get a 71 demon with a four speed console it looks just like an automatic but it has a big hole and a hump on the side of it! like a body! the correct shifter is a hurst that looks really wierd i have one at my moms house if you need a pic and can go down and maybe take one later this week. As for the push button or no push button i think that the 68 or 69 and below with the black line down the middle have no push button and the later wood grain ones have a push button.

mike

To the best of my knowledge, there was no console 4-speed option on the Dusters, Demons and Dart Sports. However, I think this feature was available on the 60s era Darts. I would need to confirm this fact.

-
Back