71 Demon hood scoop trim - underneath painted?

-
I agree, Brother. Reproductions offered in '71 are all black bezels. My '70 Swinger 340 doesn't have the blackout treatment, as verified by the build sheet I found under the rear seat when I bought it in 2005. I don't have she build sheet in front of me, but I think it's code V88. FWIW, my car also has the bumble bee stripe delete, as the car is, and on the build sheet. I also have H51 factory A/C. From what I've read, that's pretty rare. Anyone know how many Swinger 340's came with factory A/C, or should I start another thread. I'm curious. Paul.

Looking at some old magazine ads, it looks like the Duster Twisters with the 318 had the scoops, but with no engine callout on the sides of the scoops. My '70 Swinger has the pot metal and chromed "340" emblems on the outboard side of each scoop. Paul.

Classic Industries also sell the Black leading edge moldings, which my research indicates is correct for the blackout hood treatment, at least in 1971. I'm going to leave mine polished, since I don't have the hood tratment. My 1970 Swinger 340 has the body color scoops. I'm still looking for a source of the 1970 light argent for my grill, and wheels. I tried the rattle can of Duplicolor, and it seems too glossy. I'm not worried about Mr. Govier (SP) ripping me for the wrong color, but I'd like all the light argent silver's to match. Many thanks to all.

-
Back