'71 Demon redesign

-
Why would people want to modify an already awesome design?
If you want a newer styled car, then why not just buy one.............

He made it too fat. I can enjoy a resto-mod and custom designs, but it's starting to look like a A-Body Demon-esque kit on a modern Challenger.....

hqdefault.jpg

It isnt about the design, his videos are about the designing process and the tools and techniques to do it. It’s not about the final image...it’s about the art of creating.

I thought he was like someone Who sketched new designs like the new Hellcat or whatever. Just kind of taking what was there and putting a modern touch on it. I didn't even think those Wheels looked to Foose'y....

It isnt about the design, his videos are about the designing process and the tools and techniques to do it. It’s not about the final image...it’s about the art of creating.
He's not creating any more then Kowalski did when he applied that bulldozer to the design of the challenger

He's also no designing anything, he's modifying an existing design (and not for the better)

He's not creating any more then Kowalski did when he applied that bulldozer to the design of the challenger

He's also no designing anything, he's modifying an existing design (and not for the better)
You don’t understand. It’s not about the product. It’s about the artistic process. That’s what all his videos are about.

sorry bro, this is all im seeing

What you believe you see doesn’t make reality.

A wise man understands what the artistic process is about and respects it for what it is. You don’t need to like the end product, but is it so hard to respect the effort and creativity spent to create it?

Being judgemental doesn’t lead anywhere.

What you believe you see doesn’t make reality.

A wise man understands what the artistic process is about and respects it for what it is. You don’t need to like the end product, but is it so hard to respect the effort and creativity spent to create it?

Being judgemental doesn’t lead anywhere.
Well, I watched the whole video again, to see if I missed anything, but all I'm seeing is a kid running a sharpie over a picture
Perhaps this fellow can grab a piece of paper and actually draw a car...that would be an "artistic process" but this is really more akin to electronic graffiti

Well, I watched the whole video again, to see if I missed anything, but all I'm seeing is a kid running a sharpie over a picture
Perhaps this fellow can grab a piece of paper and actually draw a car...that would be an "artistic process" but this is really more akin to electronic graffiti
Your ignorance is exceeded only by your arrogance.

Your ignorance is exceeded only by your arrogance.
Nah...its just been a long week, and I'm not in the mood for giving sharpie kid a participation trophy
Give him a lump of clay and see how he does

Statements like this just prove how completely inept you are when it comes to technology.

What that “kid” does in that video is every bit as hard as painting a portrait or carving a sculpture. In order to do work like that you still need all the fundamentals- color theory, light and shadow, proportion- real artistic training. And then, on top of that, you have to know every detail of the software you’re using so you can understand what it’s actually doing at the pixel level. To work at the level shown in that video that’s what you need. The fact that he’s working on a computer instead of with pen and ink doesn’t make it easier, it’s just different. It takes years of training and practice to operate at that level.

Whether you like what he did or not is irrelevant. His stated purpose was to take the original design and make it look like a modern car, which is what he did. That’s exactly what Dodge did with the new Challenger. And they’ve sold millions of them. And if Dodge released a Demon that looked like the rendering in that video they’d sell a crap load of them. Is it “better” than the original? I don’t think so, but that’s my opinion. There are a crapload of classic Challenger owners that went out and bought new Challengers. Hell there were a bunch of them that sold their classics to buy the modern version. Not my deal, but it definitely happened.

You might just want to quit, the more you talk the more it proves your ignorance on the subject.

He should get a refund for his education, another computer boy who does not think
for himself only follows the latest trends. Car from a block away is a challenger.

Take the vinyl and the scoops off and I think it would have made a better design for the demon than the challenger platform.

Well, I’m obviously in the minority here but I really don’t care. I LOVE the redesign!! While I wouldn’t mind someday getting a 71 demon if I find one cheap enough, I’d far rather have a Duster (which I do) and I’d rather have this finished product than what he started out with. And as a few of you others have said, his modifying/rendering skills are insane!

-
Back