71 DEMON SIDE STRIPES

-

WAYNE0

Reaction score
Getting ready to put on the side stripes of the 71 demon im working on. I want to make sure i place them right more so the left side. Ive seen pictures where the left quarter panel stripe sits just below the gas cap handle. Ive also seen them where the gas cap handle was black because the stripe ran into it. Also when it came to the bumper jack decal on the under side of the trunk lid was there a certain area they placed that ? Thanks for the help

The top of the stripe should follow the top of the gas cap handle. The cap, along with the handle should be the color of the stripe.

20220614_191724.jpg

20220614_191734.jpg

20211104_050207.jpg

20211104_050217.jpg

20210410_090632.jpg

20210410_090713.jpg

Thank you for another original stripe reference. Too many put the stripe on below the handle, and the bottom stripe ends up on the wheel lip.

Grant

If I remember right, Steve had mentioned that the "stripe" on the gas cap/handle was actually painted on.

Yeah the black on the cap on this car is painted. I never took notice of that until Oldmanmopar mentioned that.

I have been telling Demon owners this for years and was told several times I was wrong. One other thing to notice is the cap was taped off while installed and then removed and painted and all were crooked with the handle down a tad in the front.

Also the stripe was never in the center of the body line front to back. Also there is a top and a bottom to the stripe. Top stripe is always narrower at the door.

I installed these stripes in the 70's from mopar the fuel opening was always already cut in. There was never a left over piece for the cap

18301964_1022974281169213_8041961905723350069_n (2).jpg

32BC832D-B383-41FF-B2DA-305C25B6A199.jpeg

Picture 398.jpg

Picture 374 - Copy - Copy.jpg

i11969.jpg

Picture 380.jpg

Picture 378 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
I have been telling Demon owners this for years and was told several times I was wrong. One other thing to notice is the cap was taped off while installed and then removed and painted and all were crooked with the handle down a tad in the front.

Also the stripe was never in the center of the body line front to back. Also there is a top and a bottom to the stripe. Top stripe is always narrower at the door.

I installed these stripes in the 70's from mopar the fuel opening was always already cut in. There was never a left over piece for the cap

View attachment 1716001938

View attachment 1716001939

View attachment 1716001940

View attachment 1716001941

View attachment 1716001945

View attachment 1716001949

View attachment 1716001951
if im looking at it right the top of the bottom stripe is on the body line correct ?

Hey WAYNE0, Can you post some pictures of how the stripes look once applied. I'm curious to how the new stripes look and line up for ya. Another question, who's stripe kit did you use?

Thanks, Carl

Hey WAYNE0, Can you post some pictures of how the stripes look once applied. I'm curious to how the new stripes look and line up for ya. Another question, who's stripe kit did you use?

Thanks, Carl
yep ill do that the owner already had them it says DALES CUDA on the box & 3m on the back side of them

Thanks, Carl
I dont think they are right. The quarter stripe seams to big compared to all the pictures ive seen & the ones you posted. Where it goes over the wheel well if i wanted to put it up to where its suppose to the bottom stripe would be about in the middle of the body line. It went on nice. A few small bubbles & a small wrinkle that was in the stripe before i put it on. All in all not bad. This was my first demon stripe. Ive done a challenger t/a, 70 duster, 72 duster, 73 duster, 68 gtx, 69 barracuda, 71 gtx, 70 r/t challenger. Here are some pictures whats you alls thoughts

DALTON ROLES DEMON STRIPES 003.JPG

DALTON ROLES DEMON STRIPES 004.JPG

DALTON ROLES DEMON STRIPES 005.JPG

DALTON ROLES DEMON STRIPES 006.JPG

DALTON ROLES DEMON STRIPES 007.JPG

DALTON ROLES DEMON STRIPES 008.JPG

DALTON ROLES DEMON STRIPES 009.JPG

DALTON ROLES DEMON STRIPES 010.JPG

I took some measurements of the stripes on both sides of the car at the rear wheel openings and the r/s was higher by 1/16". But other than that, this is what I have going on here. Hopefully this can shed some light on the stripes riding up on the wheel lip? I just made a diagram to make it easier to read.

Carl

20221025_054326.jpg

20221025_054423.jpg

20221025_061506.jpg

I did the rt side to see how it goes. Ill mimic the lt side & where it falls on the gas cap well it is what it is. Thats the way aftermarket stuff goes

How wide are the stripes above the rear wheel opening on the stripes your installing? Can you measure them, I wonder if they are wider causing the stripe to lay down on the lip of the opening? The original ones are 2-1/16" wide with a 5/8" space between the top and bottom.

How wide are the stripes above the rear wheel opening on the stripes your installing? Can you measure them, I wonder if they are wider causing the stripe to lay down on the lip of the opening? The original ones are 2-1/16" wide with a 5/8" space between the top and bottom.
Just called it a day. Ill measure them in the morning ill let you know

Here is the measurements The top stripe at the wheel well is 2 1/4 The bottom stripe is 2 3/16. Where the quarter meets the door- top stripe- 1 1/8 bottom stripe- 1 5/16 on the quarter. On the door where it meets the quarter top stripe- 1 1/16 bottom stripe- 1 3/16 The center of the stripes is 5/16. The one issue is the center body line is not perfectly straight on the quarters (aftermarket quarters) The right side went ok the left side im having trouble lining up the door stripe to the quarter stripe. If i line it all up then the very bottom part of the bottom stripe is about 1/8 in off. Not to impressed with these stripes.

Your numbers at the door/Qtr gap are similar to what I have. Both the door and Qtr top stripe are 1 1/16" and the bottom stripe is 1 3/16". The gap between the two stripes is a heavy 3/8".

What is the space you have between the stripes at the wheel opening? Maybe that's the difference? I'm showing 5/8"

Hey WAYNE0, you mentioned the gap between the stripes at the door was 5/16". Can you see what the gap is between the stripes at the wheel opening?

Thanks, Carl

-
Back