71 Dodge Demon Fuel Cap

-

mopar nut

Reaction score
I am still looking for the part number or actual cap for my car. It is a 71 Dodge Demon original 6 cylinder car with a 2/71 on the door tag,
Anybody have any idea what the numbers are or where I can find one? The one on the car is loose fitting and might scratch the new paint.

I am still looking for the part number or actual cap for my car. It is a 71 Dodge Demon original 6 cylinder car with a 2/71 on the door tag,
Anybody have any idea what the numbers are or where I can find one? The one on the car is loose fitting and might scratch the new paint.

Every year A body 70 and up is just about different. Check with slantsixdan, seems like he repoped some or knows who does..

I assume the '71 Demon has the same 1 year only gas cap as the '71 Dart.

I gave up looking for the elusive '71 cap for my '71 Dart GT and went with a '69 Charger fliptop cap.

I've also purchased a filler tube and (painted) cap from a '73 Dart Swinger if I ever get bored with the fliptop.

I purchased a repop filler neck for later model a body. For my 71 Demon. I compared the length and trimmed to length of original at the tank end. I installed from the backside of the qtr like original and drilled three new holes thru the mount flange of the tube. I can buy gas caps thru rock auto for 4-5$. Another benefit is that it has the flapper which helps with the blow back while filling. I did have to tack weld the splitter in the tube on the tank end after cutting. I then coated the welds with fuel tank sealer. I don’t think they even used that ecs cap for a full year. Best picture I’ve got.
1973-1975 Dodge Dart Parts | MF46201 | 1973-75 Duster & Dart Sport - Fuel Filler Neck | Classic Industries

Mega Parts USA - Reproduction, NOS and Used Mopar Muscle Car Parts

E36D9364-F573-4636-94BB-93106DAC26AB.jpeg

Someone here posted this and I saved it.

A7E0ABED-86E9-453F-8B4B-403EAC560856.jpeg

Last edited:
Would it be the same cap and fillerneck as a 71 318 swinger? Im assuming not since its a different back body style like the duster. If so I have both, it's a chrome cap.
IMG_20160807_140935707.jpg

Last edited:
I still have the caps in the pic that I posted a while back. plus several others since I will do $75 shipped to you

DSCF2699.JPG

DSCF2701.JPG

-
Back