71 Duster Build.

-

Fisher

Old Guy with a Cool car.
Reaction score
I figured i would start a thread now and add to it as i go.

PICTURES TO FOLLOW>

Car is a 26,000 mile 1 owner granny car that took a punch to the nose. My buddy bought it 12 years ago and did nothing with the car other than collect all the parts needed to fix it. The rad support was replaced, and all structural damage repaired by another buddy of ours who does top notch work. At the end of the month, the car goes to the body shop for the govt inspection and get the front end painted and blended. Will post before and after pictures then.

Car will remain a 6 cyl car for now, will get a 340 stripe kit and Cragar SS wheels. Will be building a nice 340 and 727 for the car along with a 3.91gear 8-3/4.:cheers:

Brought it home today. cant wait to get going on it.

DSC00017-1.jpg

DSC00022-1.jpg

DSC00021-1.jpg

DSC00020-1.jpg

DSC00019-1.jpg

DSC00016-1.jpg

DSC00018-1.jpg

DSC00025-1.jpg

wow talk about cleannnnnnnnnnnn!! awesome nice score

..might want to leave that one as is...

I am not going to tear up the car etc. the interior will remain the same untouched, i am going to get the nose painted add a 340 stripe kit in white and a set of Cragar ss wheels. Will drive it with the 6 in it for now.

I have nailed down a 340 and 727, also a bodyshop friend is going to get the front fenders and hood to primer for me.

Major score today. Located an entire front crossmember suspension with sbp disc brakes from a 69 Cuda. Will rebuild entire front end over the winter then do the small block swap sometime next year?

Well i started on the front bumper, getting my feet wet i guess? I also bought my first set of paint guns and a compressor. Will get the compressor this Wed.The biggest task will be to wire wheel the underside of the car clean and cover it in chassis protector. I have started to buy some parts for the car too, our dollar is real strong right now. The tach is a custom touch i came up with.

DSC00026.jpg

DSC00025.jpg

DSC00027.jpg

DSC00030.jpg

DSC00028.jpg

DSC00019.jpg

DSC00016.jpg

DSC00021.jpg

DSC00020.jpg

DSC00022.jpg

Thanks for the compliments guys. The car is mint, its just needs a good clean up and detail. The underneath will get wire wheeled clean and a chassis protector. The wheel wells and engine compartment will get painted the original B2 blue. The body shop will repaint the rest of the car B2 blue as well. The original owner had the car painted a darker blue she didnt care for the B2 blue?

Well there has been a change of plans. The 340 deal went away, and i am now building a 426 wedge. 383 block with 440 crank.Aluminum heads, intake waterpump and rad. Should weigh the same as an all steel 360 duster? The Cragar wheels are sold, i am switching the car over to LBP wheels etc. I bought weld drglites, and a complete K member with disc brake conversion steering etc from a 70 duster. I called Dr Diff today and ordered his axle kit and rear drum brakes and correct master cyl etc.

I have spent the last 3 days in the garage, there was a little bit of surface fust in the spare tire well, but very minimal, cleaned up very nice. I am now taking the scrapers and wire wheel to the area behind the rear tires and bumper. A little bit of RustMort and then a coast of chassis saver in atin black should do under the car. Anything that can be seen will be painted B2 blue.

-
Back