71 Duster Dash Pads

-

Papaduster

Reaction score
I’m still searching a decent price on a Dash Pad. Just Dashes told me $1000 plus. Classic Ind, PG n Year 1 plus others have them under $400. Most say it has a steel core n requires a core charge or ship your old core back which I hate to do because of the UPS oversize shipping cost.
Seems like a lot of companies just Drop Ship from the manufacture. I’d rather go the the source. Does anyone know who the best manufacture are? I also read on Abodies to stay away from the plastic core n that some Dash Pads don’t have the corner attaching studs. Anyone know or have had experience so I don’t screw up?
Thanks
Robert ( Larry). Brengle

I’m still searching a decent price on a Dash Pad. Just Dashes told me $1000 plus. Classic Ind, PG n Year 1 plus others have them under $400. Most say it has a steel core n requires a core charge or ship your old core back which I hate to do because of the UPS oversize shipping cost.
Seems like a lot of companies just Drop Ship from the manufacture. I’d rather go the the source. Does anyone know who the best manufacture are? I also read on Abodies to stay away from the plastic core n that some Dash Pads don’t have the corner attaching studs. Anyone know or have had experience so I don’t screw up?
Thanks
Robert ( Larry). Brengle

Personnaly, I'd use a dash cap rather than a plastic core dashpad. You would also want to see the new pad in person or maybe someone on here could respond. Is the metal core of the repops a very thin, flimzey metal ? I f so, you are no farther ahead .

After researching this for months and talking to owners on other forums, I decided to have the original pads from my 68 Barracuda recovered at Just Dashes. Yes, it cost me over $1000.00 US. but my rationalle for doing so is that the dash is one part of the car you will look at constantly while using the car. I did not want to look at a pile of crap dash pad while Im trying to enjoy the car.
After going all in on everything else for the car it would just piss me off .

I got one at rosevillemoparts.com a couple years ago and have it in my 71 Demon. VERY nice piece. Look for their SKU #3888-B then I'd try calling them. They are housed inside a Dodge dealer and sell a lot of repro parts. (I actually got quite a few things from them.)

I got one at rosevillemoparts.com a couple years ago and have it in my 71 Demon. VERY nice piece. Look for their SKU #3888-B then I'd try calling them. They are housed inside a Dodge dealer and sell a lot of repro parts. (I actually got quite a few things from them.)

That pad actually looks pretty good! Metal core factory attachment points and studs.

Great price as well!

Personnaly, I'd use a dash cap rather than a plastic core dashpad. You would also want to see the new pad in person or maybe someone on here could respond. Is the metal core of the repops a very thin, flimzey metal ? I f so, you are no farther ahead .

After researching this for months and talking to owners on other forums, I decided to have the original pads from my 68 Barracuda recovered at Just Dashes. Yes, it cost me over $1000.00 US. but my rationalle for doing so is that the dash is one part of the car you will look at constantly while using the car. I did not want to look at a pile of crap dash pad while Im trying to enjoy the car.
After going all in on everything else for the car it would just piss me off .
I sold a capped top for a Dart. It was pretty nice really. Nice driver quality or better.
[SOLD] - 71 Dart dash pad.

dash pad cap.jpg

The new pad I got from the dash pad factory doesn't have anything in the corners for the screws to attach to.
My factory dash pad has the screw holes at each lower corner. I hope the new one from Classic Ind has them if not I’ll drill a the holes. I ordered mine yesterday n was told it’s OER n has a steel frame
I’ll post more about the quality n fitment once I get it
Thanks for all the inputs

My factory dash pad has the screw holes at each lower corner. I hope the new one from Classic Ind has them if not I’ll drill a the holes. I ordered mine yesterday n was told it’s OER n has a steel frame
I’ll post more about the quality n fitment once I get it
Thanks for all the inputs

The factory pad has some sort of threaded nut type deal that's attached inside the foam somewhere right? Because on my pad there's nothing to drill a hole into other than just foam, which wouldn't hold the screw anyway.

The factory pad has some sort of threaded nut type deal that's attached inside the foam somewhere right? Because on my pad there's nothing to drill a hole into other than just foam, which wouldn't hold the screw anyway.
The factory steel core on my original pad goes down to the corners. On the frame there’s a hole on each side where the screws go through n attach to the steel pad core.

Last edited:
-
Back