72-74 Cuda

-

QWKSLVR

Reaction score
Hi. Does anyone here have a diecast 1972-1974 Cuda for sale or know where you can buy one? I am looking for a 1/18 scale only and stock type car not funny car or drag car. Thanks. Bobby

Thanks Valkman. That one is not too bad but I would like to find a more original looking car. Bobby

74 with a flat hood is made in 1/25 as a snap kit.

Not bad detail and can be upgraded with 70/71 parts donor.

MPC used to make a 1/25th glue model of a 72-74 cuda back in the early 80s. I know i built one. MPC isnt the greatest kit maker, but they did model it.

Found it on evilbay. Theres several variations of this model, however i believe this one is the one i built back in the day. It came with a flat hood marked on the back side where you would have to cut for the blower to stick out. This one was not tubbed like the later pro street version. You can kit bash this and use different wheels and a different engine in it if your making a copy of your ride. Again, MPC kits arent known for the best quality, but i def know its got the round taillights. I remember building this one. As a vintage kit, i think it was priced at $34

Screenshot_20180226-043746.png

Found it on evilbay. Theres several variations of this model, however i believe this one is the one i built back in the day. It came with a flat hood marked on the back side where you would have to cut for the blower to stick out. This one was not tubbed like the later pro street version. You can kit bash this and use different wheels and a different engine in it if your making a copy of your ride. Again, MPC kits arent known for the best quality, but i def know its got the round taillights. I remember building this one. As a vintage kit, i think it was priced at $34

View attachment 1715146514
That is the one I had as an avatar for a while...i got rid of it because I got tired of people asking me where I got the prostock hood (not realizing it was a model)

The one i had was moulded dark blue. It was the one on the box decals and all. I think it was from 1980. It may have been the original run.

Diymirage, I dont know how somebody could mistake that cuda in your avatar as a real car. I saw it and always knew it was a model. A well built model, but a model none the less.

I don't know Mat, but it happened several times
I'm sure it doesn't help that most avatars are about 2 by 3 inches big

I will say I always thought my cement floor in my diorama looked quite convincing

It does, but i prob got that it was a model being i built the same kit years ago and got that vibe from it.

Last edited:
The one molded in yellow was a snap together kit. I have to wonder if they trashed the molds to make it as the "Hemi Cuda" boxing hasn't been re-released for quite a long time.

-
Back