72-76 Dart Side Markers - how big?

-

jcmeyer5

Token Ford Guy
Reaction score
Looking to do a conversion to lights from reflectors. I am looking for something fairly plain. The 1972-76 A Body markers are a good shape, fairly plain (I can remove the silver), and are still Mopar parts. What I dont know is how big they are. Anyone got one they cam measure?

71si3ohXQgL._SL1000_.jpg

Looking to do a conversion to lights from reflectors. I am looking for something fairly plain. The 1972-76 A Body markers are a good shape, fairly plain (I can remove the silver), and are still Mopar parts. What I dont know is how big they are. Anyone got one they cam measure?

View attachment 1715396251

So, a few things. The '72-76 markers are lights, not reflectors. They don't have a reflective backing behind the lense, they're meant to be illuminated. As for the size, they're about 5-5/8" x 1-1/2". And they're about a 1/4" thick, which means they stick out from the fender.

IMG_1530.JPG

IMG_9361.JPG

You'd be one of a very few people to add them to a car, most of the time people remove the '72-76 markers completely, or replace them with an earlier style. I know I did. To me they look like they're just stuck on because of the way they're not flush with the body like the earlier style lights, and their chunky plastic look doesn't fit with the classic musclecar feel IMO.

Why do you want to remove the lights?

Thank you for the measurements.

Yeah, they look like they would be too big for the car. The stock reflectors are 4" x 1.25" or thereabouts. These have the same proportions, but just bigger. My plan was to recess them into the fenders and quarter panels so they were flat with the body. I did plan on tapping into the wiring and making them lights.

Back to the drawing board.

Last edited:
What about 69 dart? I don't know the size but they might be smaller, Since they were new to the car line

Working on a 69 dart :)

When we got the car, it didnt come with the lenses (I think I have one for the front). We'd rather eliminate the markers anyway... just concerned about legality... and having lights would be a cool, subtle mod. We are painting the car red, so I also wanted to do red front markers as well as red back (fronts were amber originally)

If I had the original lenses, I would see about fitting them with bulbs... dont have them though.

What about 1970 GTX lenses? Does anyone have a measurement on those? Would leave a hole in the middle for a light (since 1970 GTX had lights)

Last edited:
-
Back