72 bucket seat bracket question

-

T-Man700

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My car is a two year restoration and I took my seats apart a while ago to recover later and not sure if I just attache this piece to the spring to take up the slack or if the wire is too long. This is the passenger side. The drivers side just has a shorter wire that attaches directly to the other side. Anyone seen this before? Looks stock but maybe not for this seat. Thanks
100_1858.JPG

Correct for passenger side bucket. Try to find the threaded hook adjuster.

If you want a photo of one so you know what to look for , holler.

If it is possible that the seat bottom from the passenger side is now on the driver side, the adjuster screw may still be in it.

(The bases do interchange side to side)

If you want a photo of one so you know what to look for , holler.

If it is possible that the seat bottom from the passenger side is now on the driver side, the adjuster screw may still be in it.

(The bases do interchange side to side)

Thanks "Alaskan", didn't find an adjuster screw on either seat base. A photo of the adjuster and where it attaches would be great. Maybe I can just make one. Functionality is more important, the car is close to be in paint. Seat installation won't happen till next year. Thanks, again!

If you can not find one I have a spare I can pop in the mail.

bucket seat adjuster j hook.JPG

Does anyone have a photograph of what the entire underside of the bucket seat looks like?

I just got the pair of Left and Right Seat Tracks, from PG Classics.

They give you one semi-rigid wire, plus one coil tension spring. But it is not clear to me how these are supposed to be installed?

Does anyone have a photograph of what the entire underside of the bucket seat looks like?

I just got the pair of Left and Right Seat Tracks, from PG Classics.

They give you one semi-rigid wire, plus one coil tension spring. But it is not clear to me how these are supposed to be installed?
Right now there are complete bucket seat set from a 69 in for sale section. Maybe that seller would get pics of underside for you. No harm in asking.
The little cross wire routes different for left and right track applications. One needs that sheet metal extension piece, other doesn't.

-
Back