72 Dart hard top windshield gaskets

-

Moparnut1962

Reaction score
Does anyone know of windshield gaskets that don't need the trim to hide the gasket, meaning I would like to delete the stainless trim.

Doesn't exist. But I have seen people leave out the silver lockstrip in a 1967 windshield gasket and replace it with black tubing or black lockstrip for a "blackout" look. 67 Barracuda/Dart HT gasket would fit your car, if you could find one — they seem to go in and out of availability.

Doesn't exist. But I have seen people leave out the silver lockstrip in a 1967 windshield gasket and replace it with black tubing or black lockstrip for a "blackout" look. 67 Barracuda/Dart HT gasket would fit your car, if you could find one — they seem to go in and out of availability.
Thank you for reply guess I'll black out the stainless but I really want to do away with trim clips and screws.

The 67 setup doesn't use clips or screws, but pulling the glass to install it is rather an extreme step. And you would need to do the back window as well, I assume...

The rear gasket is made different. It would look fine without the trim. The front one has gaps in the corners that the trim usually hides.

thanks I was wondering if the rear would look ok with out trim. I'll sandblast the front trim and paint it semi gloss black, I've done this for my 74 b body and it worked out good all the way around. Since the 67 dart gasket is almost $300 this is the most cost effective way to go.

Good stainless reveal moldings have substantial value. Many 67 owners want to upgrade, opposite of what you want. I don't think aftermarket will ever reproduce all the different rear window moldings.
I would look for a way to black it out without damaging it. Vinyl wrap, a coat of Flexseal, something.

I hear you I may just coat the fronts and sell the rears where three are good in shape and one got mangled but some have the skill to fix.

-
Back