72 Dart UK Intro

-

Dave81

Reaction score
Hi All,
Long time silent viewer of FABO from the UK.

Had my 72 Dart 11 years this year. Its still a very slow labour of love.
Originally a California car it came into the UK in 2009. It went through two owners before it came to me.
I've started the long and very slow process of upgrading and making the car my vision. Having a family and moving twice in that period though has meant life has taken precedence at some points. Back at it now is the main thing!

Car was originally 318/904/7.25.

Its now been made reliable, with upgrades so far including all engine bolt on parts, new rear end (8.75 @ 3.55SG) and upgraded 904 with kolene steels, red alto clutches etc and a cope racing street/strip reverse manual valve body. Engine is next!!

Body and interior will eventually follow! But only when the world somehow clams down and things somewhat return to normal. Everything is either out of stock or $$$$.

First photo is day 1, middle is progress and eventual final colour and last is as of now.

2012-06-23121701.jpg

20150509_130939_zps7vluphxu.jpg

20150605_204856_zpsrdwnmhhi.jpg

FB_IMG_1565458333180.jpg

Welcome to FABO. I introduced myself recently as well and what a great bunch of folks around here! Very understandable the priority that family must take over our passion for these machines. I put things on hold for years while my wife and I focused heavily on raising our (3) children. The wait was worth it and so were the sacrifices we made to raise our kids. Sounds like you got your priorities straight Dave. And keep us posted on your progress! - Nick

:welcome: from :canada:
Sweet Dart, and great to meet you, your plan is a very good one, keep at it, most of us have been through much of the same thing. Moving, raising families, changing jobs, etc.
Keep us posted on the progress.
:thumbsup:

-
Back