72 Demon wheel trim - adhesive backing?

-

billytuffnuts

Reaction score
Pulling into my garage the other day, I came in a "bit" too close to the garage door opening and scraped the rear RH 1/4 panel. Fortunately there was really no damage to the paint a little buffing can't fix, but I did manage to scrape off the Rear RH Wheel Well opening chrome trim.

In looking for a replacement set, I noticed that they all come with mounting hardware. The trim piece on my car just had double sided tape. I'm assuming they're aftermarket, but does anyone know who would sell these? I don't recall seeing holes on the body panel for fasteners and would like to avoid drilling holes.

Any ideas??? Thanks!

My 70 Dart has wheel well trim but it is held on with screws. I've never heard of wheel well trim being held on with tape. And, if you can't find any in So Cal, I've got a set, PM me.

Last edited:
A picture is worth a thousand words...

I went out to take some pictures but couldn't find the piece that I pulled off, but I did attach some pictures of the LR Wheel trim. On the RR side you can see there is some leftover adhesive tape I still need to remove.

Looking at it it closely it reminds me of that cheap chrome door edge trim they sell at auto parts stores.

https://www.autozone.com/exterior-d...ng/cowles-products-door-edge-molding/1442_0_0

My car has the M21 option but not M26 so I compared the roof drip molding to whats on the wheel well, its a night and day difference. Guess I've never bothered to pay much attention to my trim!

LR Wheel Trim 2.JPG

LR Wheel Trim.JPG

Roof Drip Molding.JPG

RR Wheel tape.JPG

RR Wheel.JPG

I think you hit it on the head. It’s stickum trim, it’s totally different from MOPAR factory trim

-
Back