72 Dodge Dart Swinger in Switzerland, born in the US

-

mr_incredibill

Reaction score
Hi everybody

I just registered in here a few minutes ago and I'm quite Happy having found a forum just for A bodies.

I'm living in a small country in Europe, called Switzerland, not sure if anybody knows this country :) and in October 17 I bought a 72 Dodge Dart Swinger on classiccars.com from a private seller. A few phone calls, some pics and i transferred 'a few bucks' to a person absolutely unknown for a car which i only saw on pics. Quite risky, haha...
4 months later, my Dart finally arrived and i was quite surprised about the cars quality. no rust, really well maintained.

the 318 small block got som love with a 'mild camshaft', headers, a 650 4 barrel carb and a exhaust system with which I'd immediately be arrested here :)
New paint, new Interior, new suspension, no rust at all.

Actually I'm just doing some changes which are needed to get a driving permission in my homecountry and some cosmetic stuff.

I'm sure I'll have some future questions and I thought It would be nice to introduce myself before :)

regards

sascha

IMG_9192.JPG
IMG_9188.JPG
9728939-1972-dodge-dart-swinger-std.jpg
9736595-1972-dodge-dart-swinger-std.jpg

Nice looking car and yes that transaction was risky. What kind of regulations do you have to comply with to drive your car on the street?

Hi everybody

I just registered in here a few minutes ago and I'm quite Happy having found a forum just for A bodies.

I'm living in a small country in Europe, called Switzerland, not sure if anybody knows this country :) and in October 17 I bought a 72 Dodge Dart Swinger on classiccars.com from a private seller. A few phone calls, some pics and i transferred 'a few bucks' to a person absolutely unknown for a car which i only saw on pics. Quite risky, haha...
4 months later, my Dart finally arrived and i was quite surprised about the cars quality. no rust, really well maintained.

the 318 small block got som love with a 'mild camshaft', headers, a 650 4 barrel carb and a exhaust system with which I'd immediately be arrested here :)

Actually I'm just doing some changes which are needed to get a driving permission in my homecountry and some cosmetic stuff.

I'm sure I'll have some future questions and I thought It would be nice to introduce myself before :)

regards

sascha

View attachment 1715160911 View attachment 1715160912 View attachment 1715160913 View attachment 1715160914
I am dart.
Hi everybody

regards

sascha

View attachment 1715160911 View attachment 1715160912 View attachment 1715160913 View attachment 1715160914
great looking car. Do you have a color code for that or any information on the paint

Sweet looking Dart!! Welcome to FABO! Glad you found us.

Nice looking car and yes that transaction was risky. What kind of regulations do you have to comply with to drive your car on the street?

the car has to be in original. my dart has a hotchkiss front suspension, the best you can get i guess. it's not permitted. front and rear sway bars, forbidden, every exhaust system which is not similar to the original one, forbidden, tinted windows in the front row, forbidden, different rims, forbidden...

well, you can get a permission for everything here, but then you have to pass an individual 'exam' with your car which will be considered as a unique model itself which will cost you loads of money....

I am dart.

great looking car. Do you have a color code for that or any information on the paint

The Color Code is B7, Midnight blue

Regards

Sascha

Willkommen. Mein Demon 318 hatte original single exhaust. Hatte kein problem mit double exhaust. War beim TCS. Sie hatten keine Ahnung vom Auto. Typenschein X.

Willkommen. Mein Demon 318 hatte original single exhaust. Hatte kein problem mit double exhaust. War beim TCS. Sie hatten keine Ahnung vom Auto. Typenschein X.

ok, danke schön herzlich! Ich mache MFK über eine Garage, weiss nicht ob die zum TCS gehen. Hast du denn den Import komplett alleine gemacht?

Let me welcome you from Arkansas :welcome: Very nice Dart :thumbsup: Jump on in and enjoy this great site :thumbsup:

ok, danke schön herzlich! Ich mache MFK über eine Garage, weiss nicht ob die zum TCS gehen. Hast du denn den Import komplett alleine gemacht?
Kein import. War Schinznacher Auto. War aber 20 jahre ohne MFK.

Guys Hi

Been off for a while but now, I'm finally ready to rock the roads :)

29210877928_6198147bea_o.jpg
WhatsApp Video 2018-06-28 at 21.56.41 by Sascha Bill, auf Flickr

damn it, the link to the video is not working, what am i doing wrong :-(

29210877928_6198147bea_o.jpg

-
Back