72 duster 340 pitman arm spline diameter

-

Richard Zimmerli

Reaction score
Working on a 72 duster 340 and replacing the power steering box which was a rebuilt from cardone and it locks while in a turn with a rebuilt from steers&gears but issue is the splined shaft for the pitman arm.
The cardone box I used a puller to take arm off when I went to install on the steers&gears box the pitman arm is to big and the shaft looks like it's about 1/8" smaller (visual with tape measure) .
Is there another pitman arm that will work or different year.

There's a big spline pitman arm 73 and later, 1 1/4, and smaller one pre 73 which is 1 1/8. Look for 71 or older pitman arm. I believe smaller one was more expensive when I looked. Converted 71 Cuda to big arm when I ordered the box from Steer and gear. I switched to bergeson and also went with big spline.

There's a big spline pitman arm 73 and later, 1 1/4, and smaller one pre 73 which is 1 1/8. Look for 71 or older pitman arm. I believe smaller one was more expensive when I looked. Converted 71 Cuda to big arm when I ordered the box from Steer and gear. I switched to bergeson and also went with big spline.
Thanks that's exactly the info I was looking for!!

-
Back