72 Duster interior options?

-

Fuzz

Reaction score
Hi guys, my Duster's interior is trashed. Split bench up front and both the front and rear seats need to be reupholstered.

This is a cruiser for me so I want it to be comfortable. With no regard for originality what kinds of seats and interior do you have in your cars? What'd be the most comfortable for longer drives?

Thanks!
-Fuzz

Theres a guy on here who reupholstered the stock rear bench on his 72 demon, and added 05 mustang GT bucket seats in the front. Looked great.

I'm in the process of putting seats from a BMW 3-series in my 72 Dart. I got them from a convertible, so they have built-in shoulder belts, as well as full power adjustments. I set them back a little farther than the stock bench for added legroom. I built seat brackets from 2" square tubing and 1/4" base plates with 1/4" sandwich plates below the floor. They sit plenty low to the floor for generous headroom. I suck at remembering to take photos, but here are a couple.

IMG_20190505_141407.jpg

IMG_20190517_193605.jpg

I have also seen Sebring convertible seats used. Power and built in shoulder harness.

-
Back