[WANTED] 72 Duster wiring harness

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
In search of a under dash wiring harness for a 1972 duster 318 car with air conditioning. Looking for the main harness that includes the bulkhead connector that goes through the firewall. Please let me know what you have. I am in Northeast Texas in a town called Atlanta, so if you are not local I will have to have it shipped. Looking for something that doesn't need repair. Thanks.

Take a look at the one I just listed. It might work for you. Do you happen to have the old one to compare too?

I bought a new one from a Year One or Classic. Bought so much stuff, forgot which. It was an M&H harness and was high quality. Bad news is that it was about $500 even on sale. If I ever do another car I am going to buy all the harnesses first and change them all out at once. Would have saved myself a whole lot of aggravation and several buckets worth of swear words.

The inside A/C harness was separate on my 69 probably the same on yours. If you don’t replace the under hood harnesses, make sure you clean the contacts really well and use dielectric grease or you will be doing it over.

I bought a new one from a Year One or Classic. Bought so much stuff, forgot which. It was an M&H harness and was high quality. Bad news is that it was about $500 even on sale. If I ever do another car I am going to buy all the harnesses first and change them all out at once. Would have saved myself a whole lot of aggravation and several buckets worth of swear words.

The inside A/C harness was separate on my 69 probably the same on yours. If you don’t replace the under hood harnesses, make sure you clean the contacts really well and use dielectric grease or you will be doing it over.
Thanks. Yes the A/C is a separate harness, just learned that. Wasn't sure so I mentioned it to be safe. Lol just looking for something a hair cheaper at this time though. Thanks for the input!

Yeah, prices are very high. I bought a set of little files at harbor freight that I have used to clean up the connectors on used cables. Works good, but very time consuming.

I'll go check it out. For a friend's car. Yes he still has the old one.
The one I have is supposed to fit 72-76 and all the plugs appear to support that theory. But like mentioned in the ad, not sure why the color code does not match though.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back