72 heat and a/c buttons

-

jrc4y4

Reaction score
So my 72 Scamp originally had ac. Removed the accessories under the hood. The buttons to control the heat and ac have been mushy and having difficulty coming out when switching between defrost and off. I hadn’t messed with it until I had to change the heater core. Since I was in the dash I figured I’d check it out. Now that all is disconnected all the buttons stay in. And these things fell out of the back. I assume out of the heat control block (not sure what it’s called). Is this the case? Do they go back in? Any guidance would be good. Most of what I have seen, guys have said to buy a new heat switch. Thanks guys.

BBFFA26C-FCED-4C8F-95E1-06A735727A8D.jpeg

So my 72 Scamp originally had ac. Removed the accessories under the hood. The buttons to control the heat and ac have been mushy and having difficulty coming out when switching between defrost and off. I hadn’t messed with it until I had to change the heater core. Since I was in the dash I figured I’d check it out. Now that all is disconnected all the buttons stay in. And these things fell out of the back. I assume out of the heat control block (not sure what it’s called). Is this the case? Do they go back in? Any guidance would be good. Most of what I have seen, guys have said to buy a new heat switch. Thanks guys.

View attachment 1715235202

Someone made those instead of replacing the actual controls.
I wouldn't put that back in.

Buy a new switch. They pop up on eBay often for a reasonable cost.

Awesome thanks. I will give it a try! Hope I don't need the whole switch.

Doubt if you do. The plastic pins that are melted over the back cover get brittle and break so when you press a button the back of the switch pushes back instead of sliding the comb plates to change were they route the vacuum.

Doubt if you do. The plastic pins that are melted over the back cover get brittle and break so when you press a button the back of the switch pushes back instead of sliding the comb plates to change were they route the vacuum.

Mine came with no instructions and a link to premiumdashdecals.com. In support section I did not find instructions. I emailed them. Can’t find them anywhere!

-
Back