72 valiant /scamp correct bumper.

-

cody.bourgeois

Reaction score
What bumper is correct for 72 val/scamp.?
2 lense bumper or 4 lense bumper? My 72 has 4lenses but amd shows to be 2 lenses.

71-73 Scamp bumper.

Y84gYGtFos.jpg

1972-plymouth-valiant-scamp-6.jpg

54761913-770-0@2X.jpg

19519695-1972-plymouth-scamp-std.jpg

Plymouth-Scamp-4-630x390.jpg

I own a 73 Scamp, and here is the owners manual.
The Scamp is a little bit of a stepchild. :)

31QjCpiyMML._SY231_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Two lens bumper. The lens are slightly different than the 1970 Dart lens but they will fit. I have never seen reproductions of the Scamp lens.

My title said val, but has scamp emblems. Amd shows 2 lense bumper for both
A Scamp is considered a Valiant.
The V.I.N. would start out as VL23XXXXXXXXX
A Scamp is basically a 2 door Dart body with a Valiant/Duster front clip and a 2 lens rear bumper similar to the '70 Darts.
It was Plymouth's answer to Dodge when Dodge got the Duster body and put on a Dart front clip and tail panel with unique tail lights and called it a Demon.
The '72 and '73 versions had jack slots in the bottom best seen in post #2 (especially the green car).
Scamps were never offered in a performance model though, which is too bad........

A Scamp is considered a Valiant.
The V.I.N. would start out as VL23XXXXXXXXX
A Scamp is basically a 2 door Dart body with a Valiant/Duster front clip and a 2 lens rear bumper similar to the '70 Darts.
It was Plymouth's answer to Dodge when Dodge got the Duster body and put on a Dart front clip and tail panel with unique tail lights and called it a Demon.
The '72 and '73 versions had jack slots in the bottom best seen in post #2 (especially the green car).
Scamps were never offered in a performance model though, which is too bad........
My vin shows VH23.......

-
Back