727 2-3 shift issue after park lock

-

dodgefreak8

Reaction score
I have a 727 in my 86w150 that I rebuilt a few years ago. I was a moron one day and didn't set the E brake with it in a driveway with a slight incline and a trailer. Well it got stuck in park and took a pretty good pull to get into reverse. After that it does something goofy between 2-3. Almost like it's going into first before third. Any ideas what I should check? Thanks

Check linkage adjustment from column to transmission first, they are pretty easy to pull out of adjustment doing exactly what you mentioned, look for bent linkages or popped out plastic bushings.

So ur saying that it feels like a double clunk clunk. Then most like it is a linkage adjustment as said above. It could of bent the manual valve in the valve body also or the rod that locks into the parking pawl. Kim

So ur saying that it feels like a double clunk clunk. Then most like it is a linkage adjustment as said above. It could of bent the manual valve in the valve body also or the rod that locks into the parking pawl. Kim
Yeah it's almost like it's going into first before 3rd. It's definitely not slipping between shifts. I'll pull the pan and check all the linkage and such.

-
Back