727 part interchangeability

-

whatsamerc??

Reaction score
I have two motorhome big block 727s pn pk4058326_6313_0838 and pk3898870_5780_9338.
Will the tail shaft from a big block pk3515847_3715_2902 or a small block pk4329438_8216_4984 727 work in either one of the motor home trans?

Yes, but.

Your output shaft will need to be changed also.

I'm not 100 percent certain what he's asking, but I see some of his trans numbers with early spline angle on the front planetaries and some with the later spline angle, so he would be well advised to keep the proper output shaft together with the proper front planetary to avoid issues with that spline. I think '76 was the changeover year?? To the OP, are the first two trans (motorhome) you mention shorty tailstock or 4x4 style??

I'm not 100 percent certain what he's asking, but I see some of his trans numbers with early spline angle on the front planetaries and some with the later spline angle, so he would be well advised to keep the proper output shaft together with the proper front planetary to avoid issues with that spline. I think '76 was the changeover year?? To the OP, are the first two trans (motorhome) you mention shorty tailstock or 4x4 style??
Yes the first two are short shafts. I know i need to swap output shafts as well. I need to know if either one of the second two would swap into either one of the first two.

Whichever ones will fit, those are the ones that'll fit.

Yes the shafts will interchange but u will have to keep the front planetary’s with which ever shaft u use. The 75 down planets will not fit on the 76 up shafts. The 76 planets will go on the 75 down shafts but are a sloppy fit and will strip out so they cannot be used like that. Keep them together and be happy. Kim

-
Back