73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
My biggest curiosity is if it sounds like open headers like that. I have mine after the X and it doesn't sound the same as it does with open headers and would like to get that sound out if them.
I would say it's pretty darn close to open headers, maybe some of the people under the HDK tent (Denny, Mark, Rod, John ect...) will be add there opinion on how close to open headers it sounds.

In my experience, generally the ones where the open path is straight out sound
better than some that are oriented so the open path is out the side of the Y joint.

I would say it's pretty darn close to open headers, maybe some of the people under the HDK tent (Denny, Mark, Rod, John ect...) will be add there opinion on how close to open headers it sounds.
It sounded great. I would think that its sounds like "open headers" for sure.

Went to Akron today to deliver a sold HDK suspension system for a Gen III Hemi and to meet up with
Ross and his Dad Dave as well as HemiMark and Donnie from Pittsburgh at Summit Racing before
lunch and a trip to Ross's shop.

Imagine my surprise when we walked up to the entrance at Summit Racing's world headquarters!
Denny had kept this under his hat so that I could be surprised. On the turn table inside the front door
was Ross's Duster!

Shortly thereafter we were were joined by the others and after picking up some parts we needed we
adjourned to our favorite Tallmadge, Ohio watering hole for a great lunch.

After lunch we all went to Ross's shop to check out his '71 Cuda 340. Orange 340 4-speed shaker, billboard
car in very good condition. He had just bought it back from the person he sold it to in 1990 and it had been
stored indoors for the last 26 years while accumulating only 436 miles in the interim.

As nice as the Cuda is, I think he is planning a concourse restoration and it looks like it has already commenced.

Plans are to possibly have all of the cars to the Summit Mopar car show this summer.

Ross%20Summitt%20011_zps3jlzyavt.jpg

Ross%20Summitt%20010_zps1lu8gffp.jpg

Ross%20Summitt%20004_zpsacwqhsgh.jpg

Ross%20Summitt%20002_zpsvmcy6oml.jpg

Ross%20Summitt%20006_zpsvgdb7ern.jpg

Ross%20Summitt%20013_zpsxcucjl1v.jpg

Last edited:
what a great time....we should get together more often. Maybe start a movement for our wives....a day without ******. I think mine would go for it.

The Duster looks right at home on the entry stage at Summit.

Thanks guys....I need to figure out where I can stick the "For Sale" sign while its getting the free advertising. Always a good time when we get together...the Alcohol helps a little too.

Man this thing would give a jellyfish a hardon
Thanks..... that an interesting description, I like it !! I talked to the guy in charge of the displays at Summit Racing yesterday he said he's gotten a lot of questions and comments on the car since it's been on the turntable.

Hate to ask......but can you put in a good word for me to get the Flash on there someday?....I know the wait is long, maybe a year, but no reason the Flash will not be ready by next fall.
....and in case they have any more cancellations. .....there is always the Ghost Missile...locked and loaded. If they prefer customers.....have him look up HDK of Bowling Green's Atech /Summit account.

Nice to have friends in low places.....and remember, I have been to your low places

Last edited:
Hate to ask......but can you put in a good word for me to get the Flash on there someday?....I know the wait is long, maybe a year, but no reason the Flash will not be ready by next fall.
....and in case they have any more cancellations. .....there is always the Ghost Missile...locked and loaded. If they prefer customers.....have him look up HDK of Bowling Green's Atech /Summit account.

Nice to have friends in low places.....and remember, I have been to your low places

Consider It done.

Not pissing in youre pocket but the stance the color the wheels is all perfect I wouldnt change a thing,man I wish my aussie A body would look this staunch ,shes like the hot curvy chick in the tight jeans.

Not pissing in youre pocket but the stance the color the wheels is all perfect I wouldnt change a thing,man I wish my aussie A body would look this staunch ,shes like the hot curvy chick in the tight jeans.
You could get your Aussie A body the same stance with a few couple easy steps.
1. Install a full wheel tub ...you have to get rid of the outer part of the wheel well to drop the body down that low if you want a tire that tall (No mini tubing) .
2. Install a custom made HDK suspension...by custom I mean one designed to raise your motor for more ground clearance, mine is raised 1 inch. Also, convert the rear suspension to a coil over type suspension.
3. Raise your inner fenders for tire clearance and your transmission/driveshaft tunnel for driveline clearance, I went 1.5 inches on everything.
There you go easy as 1,2,3.......
I love your descriptive comments....they make me smile.

Last edited:
You could get your Aussie A body the same stance with a few couple easy steps.
1. Install a full wheel tub ...you have to get rid of the outer part of the wheel well to drop the body down that low if you want a tire that tall (No mini tubing) .
2. Install a custom made HDK suspension...by custom I mean one designed to raise your motor for more ground clearance, mine is raised 1 inch. Also, convert the rear suspension to a coil over type suspension.
3. Raise your inner fenders for tire clearance and your transmission/driveshaft tunnel for driveline clearance, I went 1.5 inches on everything.
There you go easy as 1,2,3.......
I love your descriptive comments....they make me smile.
Well if I'd know it's THAT easy...... Think I'll do all that to mine tomorrow!!
:lol:

man, i need to win the lottery so i can by this car.

Truly a work of art Ross. Congrats on the display.

man, i need to win the lottery so i can by this car.

Truly a work of art Ross. Congrats on the display.

Thank you......but FYI, it doesn't take winning the lottery to buy the car, I've been told my selling price is too low by several people.

-
Back