73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
Thank you......but FYI, it doesn't take winning the lottery to buy the car, I've been told my selling price is too low by several people.
Unless it's like 20.00 bucks it's out of my price range lol

Way less than just the parts cost, My labor and all custom made parts will be free.
Then it could be underpriced, fair priced or overpriced! Lol. All I know is no matter the price, if all the labor and custom parts are free someone is gonna get a steal!!

69 Dart Swinger 340 2.jpg
..... My labor and all custom made parts will be free.
well, if that's the way it works, will ya build me a '69 Dart Swinger? with an all aluminum gen II 426 Hemi, Passon A855, 3.91 Sure-Grip, 4 wheel discs behind 15" blue steel wheels with redline tires & poverty caps, HDK f & r suspension, B5 blue inside and out, white bumblebee stripe - so it'll look kinda like the Car Craft giveaway car from the Street Machine Nats (from quite a while ago). i'll sell a kidney to pay for what isn't labor. i'll let you drive it too

Building a Mopar like Ross's is as much about money, as it is a labor of love. ....at this stage, I don't think he loves ya that much.

Last edited:
Building a Mopar like Ross's is as much about money, as it is a labor of love. ....at this stage, I don't think he loves ya that much.
well, it doesn't have to be that nice , it should just be a coffee getter..... besides, i'm not askin' him to love me long time

Well my time on one of the display stands at Summit Racing ended this morning, after stopping to fill the gas tank I decided to spend the day cruising around before taking the back tires off to swap them out for a set that are a little shorter. I loved the 390/40R17 but they rubbed when I took a sharp turn the opposite way of your typical Nascar race. I chose a set of 345/40R17 Toyo Proxis which are about 1 3/4" shorter overall but with the same width. It will solve my rubbing issue I might have to adjust my ride height some to get my stance back.

On a side note the 'Cuda is getting a correct date coded set of 15' X 7' 2944450 wheels and Goodyear Polyglas F60-15.

003.JPG
007.JPG
008.JPG
014.JPG

013.JPG

Last edited:
wow...that is a long time on the turntable. Hate to see the bigger meats go...but I also hate that ZIIIIPPPPPING sound

ask John about the Hemi he christened for the Flash.....I already nicknamed it...THUMPER

Well my time on one of the display stands at Summit Racing ended this morning, after stopping to fill the gas tank I decided to spend the day cruising around before taking the back tires off to swap them out for a set that are a little shorter. I loved the 390/40R17 but they rubbed when I took a sharp turn the opposite way of your typical Nascar race. I chose a set of 345/40R17 Toyo Proxis which are about 1 3/4" shorter overall but with the same width. It will solve my rubbing issue I might have to adjust my ride height some to get my stance back.

On a side note the 'Cuda is getting a correct date coded set of 15' X 7' 2944450 wheels and Goodyear Polyglas F60-15.

View attachment 1715037208 View attachment 1715037209 View attachment 1715037210 View attachment 1715037211

View attachment 1715037212
It's always something ain't it? Anyway I'm sure that was a fun cruise

wow...that is a long time on the turntable. Hate to see the bigger meats go...
I'm glad Summit didn't tell me to get it out Friday morning........ I don't think the M&H are good in the snow. It was a choice between downgrading to a 12" wide tire and 1" of height or giving up a bit more height and keeping the same width.

The multi stick manual valve body make it a ton of fun.
Fairly smooth or I should ask, having any issues? Guy in my local car club is running a big block s10 with a similar shifter, set up for the 1/8 and he's not been able to get it right, or so he says

Fairly smooth or I should ask, having any issues? Guy in my local car club is running a big block s10 with a similar shifter, set up for the 1/8 and he's not been able to get it right, or so he says
My works like butter...I've never had any issues.

I'm glad Summit didn't tell me to get it out Friday morning........ I don't think the M&H are good in the snow. It was a choice between downgrading to a 12" wide tire and 1" of height or giving up a bit more height and keeping the same width.

Definitely a good thing you were able to pick it up on a nice day, Eric had to pick up his 8 second Charger from Summit a couple months ago in pouring down rain and some slush on the ground.
I hate to see you lose tire height too because it looks so good but I think it'll still look good and not having it rub will be much easier on the nerves.

As long as it doesn't have that rubber band on a rim look, It still will have enough rubber to tuck up in the wheel well. Some people like that low profile tire look but it's not for me especially on a muscle car.

Definitely won't have the rubber band look as it still has plenty of sidewall. By the way, who do you trust to mount your tires without scratching the wheels?

The fronts are 26 1/4, the rears once inflated are suppose to measure 27 3/4". My 390's are 29 1/2".
As long as it doesn't have that rubber band on a rim look, It still will have enough rubber to tuck up in the wheel well. Some people like that low profile tire look but it's not for me especially on a muscle car.
thats the problem im running into. i can fit a 11.2 inch wide front tire just fine, but at a height around 25 inches roughly. I'll be running 18s so I should still have a 3-3.5 inch side wall. Or I can go with a 10.8 inch wide front tire at the height of 26 inches with a 4 inch sidewall. decisions decisions

did'nt you have any room to move the rear end back a 1/4 to make the the gap bigger in the front?

Yup. 28's are about the limit on stock Duster/Demon/Dart Sport rear wheel openings.....and that's
after moving the axle back 1/4".

-
Back