73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
It did not go to Kevin Suydam...Due to the privacy for the new owner I will only say it's in the Seattle area.
he'll have a lot of fun with it, from Memorial Day to Labor Day, the rest of the time you use Mt Rainier for the weather report. "if you can see the mountain, it's gonna rain - if you can't see the mountain, it's already raining", LOL. The summer time is perfect - sunny, mid 80's, occasional 90's, few clouds and almost never rains.

Damn.... never got a chance to see that car in person and I'm sorry for that. I'm glad that you got your money just sorry to see it leave for some reason!

I'm glad that you got your money just sorry to see it leave for some reason!
The reason was for solely for the 'Cuda, I didn't have an extra $35K lying around to buy the 'Cuda immediately after spending $70K building the Duster so I had to borrow the money.....I hate having debt so selling the Duster not only pay's off the debt and interest I would have accumulated over the next 6 years on the loan but also gives me a nice chunk of change to start the restoration on the 'Cuda which I had been trying to buy back for 18 years.

Last edited:
Oh, make no mistake..... I COMPLETELY understand. If we were all rich we would have to buy small countries to keep our toys in. Just hate to see it go, that's all.
I know that Cuda will be second to none once it's done. It's in good hands!

Damn.... never got a chance to see that car in person and I'm sorry for that. I'm glad that you got your money just sorry to see it leave for some reason!
I got lucky and got to see it at the Nats last year. I had to really fight not getting drool on the car. Sad to see it go but looking forward to seeing Ross's work on this cuda. I have a soft spot for Cuda's so I'm really looking forward to watching the next build

I got lucky and got to see it at the Nats last year. I had to really fight not getting drool on the car. Sad to see it go but looking forward to seeing Ross's work on this cuda. I have a soft spot for Cuda's so I'm really looking forward to watching the next build
Thanks for the compliment ...unfortunately I won't be posting the 71 Cuda build on here. Unlike lots of members here I feel that when the forum says "For A bodies only" that's what it should be limited to. So if you want to follow the new build you'll have to go to one of the popular E body sites.
Sorry just trying to maintain the integrity of FABO.

Thanks for the compliment ...unfortunately I won't be posting the 71 Cuda build on here. Unlike lots of members here I feel that when the forum says "For A bodies only" that's what it should be limited to. So if you want to follow the new build you'll have to go to one of the popular E body sites.
Sorry just trying to maintain the integrity of FABO.
Which ones?

Your Cuda / E body build thread is pretty good Ross.....just don't forget us boys over here at FABO now that your one of those stamp collector guys.

......just kiddin, You are spot on in what and how you are doing the Cuda resto.

Hey Ross, I've scanned back thru this thread but as long as it is, I'm just not finding it, if I recall right, you had your rear tubs made, who did you have make those if you don't mind me asking?

Hey Ross, I've scanned back thru this thread but as long as it is, I'm just not finding it, if I recall right, you had your rear tubs made, who did you have make those if you don't mind me asking?
Sheet Metal Direct in California, You will have to send them a detailed drawing or blueprint of all the dimensions you want, other members have tried to call them and say just make me a pair like the ones you made for that Duster but they do not have my drawings saved to make another pair like them.

Sheet Metal Direct in California, You will have to send them a detailed drawing or blueprint of all the dimensions you want, other members have tried to call them and say just make me a pair like the ones you made for that Duster but they do not have my drawings saved to make another pair like them.
Sweet thanks. I'll draw up what I have in mind in solidworks, I do it daily for the gooberment, may as well do it for me lol

Sweet thanks. I'll draw up what I have in mind in solidworks, I do it daily for the gooberment, may as well do it for me lol

Man you have some great talent. I tried SolidWorks and I only get blobs and such. I've got so many idea's but to skills to make it happen. LOL

Riddler

Man you have some great talent. I tried SolidWorks and I only get blobs and such. I've got so many idea's but to skills to make it happen. LOL

Riddler
I've done solidworks, creo, autocad(I hate autocad), solidedge and inventer. I'd be happy to work some stuff up for ya

I've done solidworks, creo, autocad(I hate autocad), solidedge and inventer. I'd be happy to work some stuff up for ya
We added Solidworks about a year ago for our 3D printing capabilities but use Mastercam & Featurecam for our CNC Mill and Lathe plus some proprietary software for our FlowJet.
I just went through about 50 pages trying to find some information for a friend......Wow I kind of forgot what a journey this build was, I also forgot all the custom parts that went into it...I'm on the lookout for a build that will surpass all the customization that went into it....I'm sure one will come along someday

We added Solidworks about a year ago for our 3D printing capabilities but use Mastercam & Featurecam for our CNC Mill and Lathe plus some proprietary software for our FlowJet.
I just went through about 50 pages trying to find some information for a friend......Wow I kind of forgot what a journey this build was, I also forgot all the custom parts that went into it...I'm on the lookout for a build that will surpass all the customization that went into it....I'm sure one will come along someday
Have you seen the one over on lateral g? It's a 60s dodge I'll find the link

Have you seen the one over on lateral g? It's a 60s dodge I'll find the link
I haven't been there in a while but I believe I saw it a few years ago ...I was mainly focusing on a "A" body because if I open it up to everything that wouldn't be fair

I haven't been there in a while but I believe I saw it a few years ago ...I was mainly focusing on a "A" body because if I open it up to everything that wouldn't be fair
Yeah I don't think there's an a body even close

-
Back