73 d100 bed swap help anyone?

-

hosehead

Reaction score
I was curious if anyone has ever swapped a 72-80 short bed for a same era short stepside bed? I have a chance to get a clean 73 short box dodge but have always wanted the same truck in a stepside. Is this a direct swap? Thanks guys!

I was curious if anyone has ever swapped a 72-80 short bed for a same era short stepside bed? I have a chance to get a clean 73 short box dodge but have always wanted the same truck in a stepside. Is this a direct swap? Thanks guys!
You may have to move/relocate the brackets on the frame but other than that it's pretty much a bolt on

My '77 warlock was a stepside, but the wood floor was gone when I got it. I bought a short wide box (for cheaper than the wood bed kit) and bolted it on, everything lined up percectly. Wiring and all. Only difference was the fuel filler hose, and I got one with the new box.

Thanks fshd4it! I appreciate all the info guys. Seems like it will swap fairly easily. I think I'll pursue the 73. I love those trucks. Do you still have any of the stepside bed stuff?

Thanks fshd4it! I appreciate all the info guys. Seems like it will swap fairly easily. I think I'll pursue the 73. I love those trucks. Do you still have any of the stepside bed stuff?
Yep, saved all of it. Not sure if it's going back on or not, got a little rust to deal with first, and I like the regular box better. At least at this point. Lots of pieces to the step-side beds, that's for sure.

Cool. Keep me posted if you ever decide to sell. I work in Portland several times a year. And thanks again guys!

-
Back