73 Dart 4 door leaf spring bushing size?

-

jemopar13

Reaction score
Hello! I recently acquired a 73 dart with the 225.
It came with a shackle lift for the rear, and I’m sure that I will need to replace the bushings when I install it in the springtime.

What is the correct size bushing I need? Do 4 doors having different bushings than 2 doors?

I’m new to A bodies, and this forum seemed like the perfect place to ask some questions!

FEA8C1C8-E86A-404A-B6D9-C8493144FF2E.jpeg

98D919C5-D0ED-41F9-A9B6-46EF3F2C6B68.jpeg

Oh no! Why are you considering using those? If your springs are sagging, that will only make it worse.
And ruin your ride quality and handling.
Don't install those on your car! Return them or throw them in the trash.

If you need new shackles or shackle bushings, use correct factory style. Check with Mancini Racing in MI.

Springs are fine, I just need a little more lift in the back end because I use the car as a “mobile mechanic” having 700 pounds of tools in the trunk she tends to hit the bump stops pretty often

Springs are fine, I just need a little more lift in the back end because I use the car as a “mobile mechanic” having 700 pounds of tools in the trunk she tends to hit the bump stops pretty often
If your carrying around 700lbs of tools and riding on the bump stops, the springs are not 'fine' for what your doing with the car. buy a decent set of springs with enough rate to handle the extra load.

-
Back