'73 Dart Sport 340 4spd: $33,000?

-

MRGTX

Reaction score
Gorgeous Dart...but that's a lot of cash. Does anyone recognize this machine?

http://aeclassiccars.com/for-sale/1973-dodge-dart-sport-340-black/#prettyPhoto

attachment.php

Gees, Mr Gees has those bumper bolt hole plugs for $1.25 each !

No way. Not for no beak car. Not ever.

I don't recognize the car but I recognize the showroom...and the price
I don't think I have ever seen an add for their cars for less ten 200% of what I think the car is worth

Thats not a 73. Maybe 75-76. Wrong grille and taillight panel

I saw that too, but since there is a rallye dash, I thought maybe it was part of that package. Did a 73 Sport have a rallye dash option? The grill is correct, as are the headlight bezels, but the taillights are way different from mine.

I'm looking at the car thinking that I hate the beak Darts, but the black and red stripe I could actually own that thing. Well the price is crazy, and that cluster that came on old A-bodies that never made to the 73's?
Could you add a cluster like that to my 74 Duster and it work without hacking up the harness or the dash?

looks to me like they spent too much time trying to make it into an older model that its not.

Nothing wrong with a beak car the way they were originally made. I would probably have more respect for it if it had all the correct 73 dash pieces and 73 stripes. That's a later tail panel BTW .....I hate to be picky on such a nice car but for 30k+ one would expect only the best and most pure IMO

Contrary to popular belief, Chrysler improved these cars to suit the buying public and regulations of the times and did a great job doing it, considering they were under the gun to make things happen and still try to make a profit. After 73, the engineering that went into the newer ones might actually be ahead of its time.

I saw that too, but since there is a rallye dash, I thought maybe it was part of that package. Did a 73 Sport have a rallye dash option? The grill is correct, as are the headlight bezels, but the taillights are way different from mine.

I don't know about the Rallye dash, but I'm sure wondering now if it will fit in my car. I'm sure it would, it's in that one.

I like the looks much better than what's in there now.

I speak on behalf of many owners here when I say "go play in traffic."

Thank you. Several people seem to agree with me, yet you saved your hate for me.

Ive had a few beak cars..I almost crindged every time I walked past them. I never liked the beaks. Even the 69 Cudas.
-The 70 Swinger340/71 Demon style front is what I like.I wonder how it would look on my 68 S....Umm, nope.

Soooo many things wrong on that car, if original is what you want.
Dash, bumpers(lack of bump rubbers), rear tail panel (unless its a 75-76?)
275HP? Not in 73! Dunno bout you guys, but 33K's Get me a lot more car!
But all aside, it is a nice car....just not 33K's...lets talk maybe 18and under?
So, what do you people think is a good $$$$ on this one? That's the real question, after all, it is worth what someone would pay....isn't it?

I cannot get $15 grand for mine , and it correct with the exp of centers, steering wheel , which come with the car .And mine is numbers matching , with original sheet metal .

-
Back