73 Dart Swinger "Tetanus"

-

G50

Tetanus
Reaction score
I've decided to post my project here. I (finally) need help and I'm not too proud to admit it. I'm doing a heavily modded ground up G3 swap and I am at the point of electronics :-( I've got the body straight but had to replace the top (old vinyl top killed the original top). Of course, the bottom of the rear (beyond COOL looking) glass was rotted out and I replace that too. Moved the gas filler cap to the top, like a Charger. 8.8 Ford rear end. 2007 5.7 HEMI (Chrysler Aspen) that is mostly a stocker (slightly ported and polished heads). 2007 545RFE (Ram 1500). 2007 Ram 1500 wiring harness and ECM. I made my own stainless steel headers and motor mounts to fit around the stock power steering (I'm old and feel like driving in comfort). I modded the V8 K-frame to hold the HEMI and made my own UCA's and LCA's and used the QA1 coil-overs.
So, there it is. I dropped the harness in last night. I still need some sensors and I need to fish in the harness back to the 545 and plug that in but at that, my skills ended!I can't power up this computer. I can't tune it. I don't even know how to bring power to it. Really, about all I know about this is that I'm gonna have to install a fuel pump relay circuit for the in-tank (yes, I'm going to make my own tank too) fuel pump.
What do I do to light up this computer?

Very cool, and yes, pics are required! :) So, that wire harness and ECM as they came out of the truck are not ready to use with your project. The ECM interfaces with other computer modules (such as BCM, Body Control Module and TCM, Transmission Control Module) to make things happen in the original vehicle. However, there is a small company who specializes in modifying the harness and reprogramming the ECM so you can use them. The name escapes me at the moment, but I will find it an post when I get the chance.

FYI, you just tell him the year model, engine and trans.

Sounds cool. Need pix
Very cool, and yes, pics are required! :) So, that wire harness and ECM as they came out of the truck are not ready to use with your project. The ECM interfaces with other computer modules (such as BCM, Body Control Module and TCM, Transmission Control Module) to make things happen in the original vehicle. However, there is a small company who specializes in modifying the harness and reprogramming the ECM so you can use them. The name escapes me at the moment, but I will find it an post when I get the chance.

Here's my 8.8 I had to cut down 8 5/8" and mosier axles.
20180403_161227.jpg

This is before I removed the original top :-(
20161105_135104.jpg

20170128_201759.jpg

I hit this with (rattle can) primer and I can't even find it anymore!

Last edited:
20170209_211228.jpg

Y'all KNOW what these are!

Last edited:
MAJOR trans tunnel surgery and I made my own shifter, while I was at it.

20180528_211753.jpg

20171116_213652.jpg

Here's how you make room for big-*** 5.7 HEMI heads. Offset the motor 1.5" to the passenger side and move the master cylinder and steering column 1.5" to the driver's side. Had to shorten the column by 5". Was really one of the easier projects. Really.

20171207_181747.jpg

Last edited:
More delays :-( Youngest son - got married (had to build a huge back porch deck for the whole ceremony), built a house and bought a kid. NO. Bought a house and made me a grandson (this fool made him a KILLER crib!)! Broken foot. Millions of favors for my neighborhood and personal friends. Got laid off. Got another job. Gotter done...

20180517_083259.jpg

20180219_174620.jpg

Then, the oldest son got maried and had to spend 10 (unpaid) days in India over my Christmas holiday!

Last edited:
So, now I'm just foolin with lights and waiting on a brainstorm on how to fire up this fully rebuilt motor.

20180723_201802.jpg

However, there is a small company who specializes in modifying the harness and reprogramming the ECM so you can use them. The name escapes me at the moment, but I will find it an post when I get the chance.

Was it Syked ECU Tuning you were trying to think of? I only recently heard about them. Have not tried them yet.
Website says they can do VIN programming and security system disables, to make swaps easier.

Was it Syked ECU Tuning you were trying to think of? I only recently heard about them. Have not tried them yet.
Website says they can do VIN programming and security system disables, to make swaps easier.

Syked.... I will look into that.
One of my favorite pics (so far...).

20161203_200605.jpg

So look at Hotwireauto.com He can fix you up. I know he's helped others on this site and other forums I belong to. He can make the mods to turn your harness and ECU into a plug and play system. Not sure how many $$$

Nice work! What did you do for a transmission mount? I'm planning to make a mount that ties into my subframe connectors. I'm putting a 5.7 with a 545RFE in a 70 Duster.

-
Back