1. Cope

Cope Fusing with fire

Local Time:
    2:00 PM
    I want to change out the studs on my 73 disks. They are press in correct? What diameter is the press in section?

Do the 73 single piston caliper use banjos on the flex line? Mine have a banjo bolt threaded in where the li e should screw in. Not sure if someone used the banjo bolt to keep fluid in or what?

What's the torque value on the castle nuts, upper balljoint, lower balljoint and tire rod ends?
    Thanks for your time.

2. 72bluNblu

72bluNblu FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    12:00 PM
    Wheel studs are press in, I don't recall the exact diameter for the shank. RockAuto lists Raybestos 7022b as the replacement for the 73+ disk studs, which has a .620 knurl.

The stock calipers used a line that had a brass block on the end of the line with a banjo bolt. The original block sits against a lip on the caliper so it won't rotate and the line keeps the intended angle
    Stock
    BH36755_FRO__ra_p.jpg

From DoctorDiff. Notice the banjo on his lines has a squared off end on it so it fits the caliper similar to stock, a round banjo would let the line spin
    flexhose.jpg

All the torque values are in the factory service manual, you can download them from MyMopar.com. You should have one anyway if you don't already
    http://www.mymopar.com/downloads/servicemanuals/1973_Dodge_Body_Service_Manual.zip
    http://www.mymopar.com/downloads/servicemanuals/1973_Dodge_Chassis_Service_Manual.zip

• Like Like x 1
    • 67Dart273

67Dart273 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      12:00 PM
      Torque should be in the 73 shop manual, which you can download free, from MyMopar. You can thank a few of us on here for that one, and a couple of others "over there."

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
      By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.