73 Duster Conversion Headliner

-

Kom01

Reaction score
hi,
I Have a 73 duster that had a hard headliner, i currently have bought a conversion headliner to convert it to a bow style headliner,
In the kit it came with headliner /rods/brackets,
Just wondering if anyone has installed one of these before.? How did you go installing it .? Where did you know where to screw in the brackets.?
Any help will be great.
Thanks

hi,
I Have a 73 duster that had a hard headliner, i currently have bought a conversion headliner to convert it to a bow style headliner,
Just wondering if anyone has installed one of these before.? How did you go installing it .? Where did you know where to screw in the brackets.?
Any help will be great.
Thanks
An option would be to...
can/has it been done?? home made headliner...

that's funny. I always switch from bow to hard style.

I upholster the hard one with modern headliner material.

hi,
Any help will be great.
Thanks
Hello Kom01,
I too have a '73 Duster that had a hard headliner. I have been trying to find a 'bow type' conversion kit to purchase. Where did you find your kit, if you don't mind me asking?
I have looked at my roof rails and could not find any obvious attachment locations. I will be liaising with my motor trimmer as to where to place these.
If you are not in a hurry, I may be able to help with measurements and locations when I put mine in.
Cheers
Christopher

Hi Christopher

I Ended up finding a conversion kit at Classic industries, and pro fit interiors , but ended up buying the classic industries one. Was only like $130, it came with the headliner/brackets to screw in/ rods that have to be cut to length and sunvisor material.
Was pretty easy to install,
Didnt take pictures but there should be 4 flat spots , where normally a bow headliner should go, and brackets should go there.

-
Back