73 Duster in local Pick an Pull

-

Robj

Reaction score
I check out our local pick n pull from time to time in case they have anything I’d like to have for spare parts.

They have a 73 slant six Duster. Sad to know it’ll be crushed. It’s a solid car. A few dings but no major damage or rot.

The grill is really nice. Some of the mounting tabs are cracked and could be easily repaired. I’d pull it and ship it if anybody knows somebody who needs it.

Oh well, I have too many projects and there was nothing on it I needed. I’ve heard they wont sell complete cars once they hit the yard. Just hate to see such a nice builder go.
26B8C744-7259-4B7C-B960-90AF549BB433.jpeg

Do you know if it's a Drum brake, or a Disc brake car??
Happen to look at anything like that?

I have a 72 rotting in my backyard. 904 with a shift kit, lil 318. Roof has 1000 holes in it and Im parting it out... I dont know, the Front Fenders are perfect yet potential Buyers here r saying that too much.

WTF....

I hate to see it. That would be an excellent start, especially up here in the rust belt :(

It looks like it was a chick car. I poked around inside and found a ton of girly patterned shorty socks, couple pairs of panties and a couple articles of feminine hygiene products. But then somebody must have dumped a box of roofing nails all over. Very odd.

it has the fold down rear seat back. I pulled it down and they had a pretty nice sub tucked in there.

Then you have the perfectly stock leaning tower of power under the hood with the big cowl induction scoop and hood pins.

I wish you could see snapshots of these car’s lives from their past 40+ years.

Looking at the photo again I didn’t notice the hood, it was up. The fender mount signal lights are gone. It must have been abandoned by the yellow tag on the windshield.

It looks like it was a chick car. I poked around inside and found a ton of girly patterned shorty socks, couple pairs of panties and a couple articles of feminine hygiene products. But then somebody must have dumped a box of roofing nails all over. Very odd.

it has the fold down rear seat back. I pulled it down and they had a pretty nice sub tucked in there.

Then you have the perfectly stock leaning tower of power under the hood with the big cowl induction scoop and hood pins.

I wish you could see snapshots of these car’s lives from their past 40+ years.
No surprise seeing panties in the back seat of a Duster!

I drive Veterans to and from Mather for treatments. Greatest honor I’ve ever had. I get to meet and serve heroes every day.
Wow, as a matter of fact i was at the Mather VA today, getting another cardio ultra sound, done on me, with a diagnosed bad heart that i have.
I probably have seen you in a van, or something, not knowing who you are.
I at times talk to Vets that come down from Redding, and comment on the long distance that they have to travel, to get to the hospital, for their medical appointments.

No surprise seeing panties in the back seat of a Duster!

Speaking of subs...... Beers ago, when I was in car stereo, my Installers over the years converted my Duster in to a Sales car. I would take potential customers out to it and have them listen to my system. Closed a LOT of deals in that car.

Once of the coolest things besides an amp rack in the trunk, was the custom rear deck. Mark Wood, Rest his Soul, was a Wood/Cabinet maker, (PERFECT last name for him), before he got into car audio. He built an entire MDF sub-assembly below the rear deck to house to a pair of 6 x 9s, and 2 10" subwoofers. To power it all, a line of 1/0 gauge wire going from a 120 AMP Lestex Marine Alternator running juice back to my Hifonics Gemini 4 channel amp. Audio Control SPL Db tested my system to 115db.... loud enough for me.

I SURE as hell dont want this stuff to end of up rotting away in a junk yard..... Sure would love some Duster owner to have that custom rear deck. Stock trunk springs were even kept intact

-
Back