73 Plymouth Duster Leaf Spring Advice and Help

-

Pana.Mopar

Duster Down Under
Reaction score
Need some help and advice on rear leaf springs on my '73 Duster.

Unfortunately I made the mistake of putting Mopar P3412003 (3200lbs) leaf springs in it (to replace the old screwed springs) and the car is jacked up real high and want it sitting way lower.

Anyone have advice on what I should do (dont want to put lowering blocks in) to rectify? How hard is it remove leaf's from the springs or should I just purchase a set of stock springs?

Thanks in advance for assistance.

How many leafs are in your current springs? You can remove a leaf it's not all that difficult. 65'

The right side should have an extra leaf compared to the left.

The 002/003 springs have a 160 lb/in rate, and a pretty high arch. You could have them re-arched, but you'll still have a really high rate. Not sure what your plans are for the car, the SS springs are good for drag launches but that's about it. Most handling springs are down in the 120-130 lb/in range.

You could also run lowering blocks, 1" blocks aren't that big of a deal. Not sure what the regulations are on them there though, Australia is pretty strict about some of that stuff. And of course they'd still be really stiff springs.

Take too many of the springs out of the pack and you loose the strength that leaf springs are known for - you end up with spring wrap when you take off. I know this is not what you want to hear but- I’d sell what you have to buy the springs you really want. There are plenty of company’s who will make exactly what you want with pictures of finished products to see before you buy.
Syleng1

-
Back