**73 Scamp Mini Pro-Street Engine Swap**

-

Mad Dart

Nothing to see Here!
Reaction score
Well I got the itch to get back into the game sooner than my TT Build would be done so I ended up buying this Super Clean 73 Scamp off FABO. It currently has a Stockish 340, a worked over 904 trans and a 3000-3500 stall converter in it. It has 315/50/15's with a Spool and 391 gears in a back braced 8 3/4. It is a column shift which is good for the sleeper look. I may change out to a floor shift but not at this time. I like this car because just about all the cosmetic things are already done. It is Mini Tubbed and the frame is Tied too. The battery is already in the trunk.

The plan is to swap out the Stockish 340 with a different Engine in a shortest amount of time as possible, shooting for a 1 weekend transplant.

View attachment Roger's car pic 5.jpg

View attachment Roger's car pic 8.jpg

View attachment Roger's car pic 6.jpg

View attachment Roger's car pic 29.jpg

View attachment Roger's car pic 28.jpg

View attachment Roger's car pic 11.jpg

View attachment Roger's car pic 22.jpg

View attachment Roger's car pic 18.jpg

View attachment Roger's car pic 20.jpg

View attachment Roger's car pic 21.jpg

After some careful thought to this I am pretty sure I will be building a NON Stroked NOS motor on 2 Stages. This will be the quickest way for the car to be transformed in a weekend. Pull the 340 and in with a 360. I already have the VICTIM 360 lined up from "turbodart68".... I will hopefully be going to pick it up sometime next week... I have a set of Eddy Heads but those will probably be used on my friends 410 build. They are set up for a Flat Tappet cam. This one I build will have a BIG Solid Roller in it probably 260-265ish at 50 close to .700 lift. I am thinking about these heads here. Shooting for as much as possible with PUMP GAS. 11 to 11.5:1 if I can pull it off. The NOS will have its own Fuel Cell up front with VP110 in it where the Battery Tray was, probably 2 Gallons or so and a Dedicated Fuel Pump for the Fuel Solenoids.

http://www.j-performance.com/index.p...ask=view&id=59

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeX3LWkJKWg"]360 Mopar Dyno Test AIRWOLF 220 heads 522hp - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AfyrlVkEdk"]408 Small Block Mopar with NEW AIRWOLF 220 heads 633hp - YouTube[/ame]

I did talk to the Supercharger store yesterday about putting an F1R Procharger on the TT Long block I have and using the AIS Meth Injection kit I already have..... but after talking to someone who has been there and done that....... It is a NO go. I don't want a tuning nightmare to erupt on this one.

Sounds like you have all your ducks in a row on this one Louis.Looking forward to your"Weekend Build".I,m guessing your missing the perma-smile feeling in your cheeks?LOL:D

Edit..11.0-11.5 on pump gas???

nice going louis,i like that car.keep with your plans it'll be a killer....:glasses7:

Sounds like you have all your ducks in a row on this one Louis.Looking forward to your"Weekend Build".I,m guessing your missing the perma-smile feeling in your cheeks?LOL:D

Edit..11.0-11.5 on pump gas???

Yes. Check out the comments on Dr. J's Stroker that made 633HP. It was at 11.5:1 on 91 Pump Fuel. I think I can pull it off with the Big Duration camshaft and the Aluminum heads.

View attachment Screen Shot 2013-02-23 at 12.27.16 PM.jpg

Is that a bently behind the scamp? Is it yours? Ive been after some suspension info on that Scamp but the guy selling didnt have any. How was he able to get the body down over the tires?

Is that a bently behind the scamp? Is it yours? Ive been after some suspension info on that Scamp but the guy selling didnt have any. How was he able to get the body down over the tires?

It's mini tubbed and has a tall tire w/15" wheels. I'm thinking it is an optical illusion. The car doesn't really sit that low. It may have a block , I don't know. I have a brand new set of SS springs in my shop that i could have de arched....If there is a block it will come out when I take the traction bars off and install the Pinion snubber. To compensate and get the same look I will take the springs to the local spring shop and have them de arched the amount of the block "if there is one". I just need to see what is there first.

I do like the look. The tires arent quite as wide as mine but very close. I like the dropped down over the tire look.

I do like the look. The tires arent quite as wide as mine but very close. I like the dropped down over the tire look.

My 70 swinger had 14" tires on it and it sat lower down over the wheel. It buried the wheel by about 1.5". The springs were de arched about 2"

just a thought here those airwolf heads may be quite good but why not go the whole way and use some W-series heads or a set of indy heads?

just thought they may be more inline with what you are doing here and will give you more room for a more extensive engineprogram in the future so to speak.

Great looking Scamp!

been watching that car, with 3 in the stable ,2 in build stage could not pull the trigger. exited to see your touch added to the build, good luck and congrats. nwdart.

just a thought here those airwolf heads may be quite good but why not go the whole way and use some W-series heads or a set of indy heads?

just thought they may be more inline with what you are doing here and will give you more room for a more extensive engineprogram in the future so to speak.

Great looking Scamp!

Yeah I tossed that around too. I have not bought anything yet. This is the deal with me..... I need to come up with a plan and stick to it on this one. In NO WAY do I want this car to sit around with me turning it into oh I'll just do this and that cause it will end up like my other car and be a 5 year project. The goal is to drive this car until the motor is done and swap it out in a weekend.

Keep in mind this will be a street car with time spent at the track. I will drive the wheels off it.

Nice car & tastefully done already.....Bringing it to the MATS before you tear it apart LOL ? :p

Nice car & tastefully done already.....Bringing it to the MATS before you tear it apart LOL ? :p

Yes, that's the plan. Gunna drive it! I'm gunna try to meet up with all the other members that are going. Making my reservations tomorrow. Trying to get there Thursday and leave Monday morning.

Nice looking car I hope you still find time to finish the other one but I can't say much I have the barracuda 2 dodge truck projects and a jeep project all going at the same time

Nice looking car I hope you still find time to finish the other one but I can't say much I have the barracuda 2 dodge truck projects and a jeep project all going at the same time

I will, there is too much time and $$ not to. Thing is the market is pretty ripe. If I would have started with a car clean like this one. It would have already been done and the total cost would be 15k less than what it's going to turn out to be.

I could buy another 1.5 of cars like this one for how much it's going to take to finish the TT project not including the time. You know the deal. You sure got your hands full, I thought I was nutzzzz! Haaaa :dontknow:

You are nutzz. :violent1: Cool car though. Sounds like your going full steam ahead. Can't wait. I am interested in that 340 when your ready. :sign3:

Will that super Victor stuff fit under the flat hood? You should check out that little blue 418 MRL built. I copied the cam and heads on my 416 that was a 508 hyd, but haven't ran it yet.

I am with you on a running car NOW while the projects get worked. Much faster, cheaper, and then you make it better.

-
Back