73 spindles in my 67

-

Shmaako

Reaction score
Switching to bbp and took the spindles, uca's and lca's from a junkyard 73 valiant. I plan on using the LCA's as they have sway bar tabs. I am ordering a complete front end rebuild kit for my car.
Question is, am I correct in ordering a 67 tie rods, idler arm, pitman, sleeves, adj. strut rods and connecting ot to the 73 lower ball joint? Can I order a sway bar and simply hook it to my 73 LCA sway bar tabs? It is a 67 k member that looks like it has been modified for my 383.
Any help is appreciated before I spend money incorrectly. TIA

I may be wrong but I don't think the 73 tabs will work with the 72-down sway bar unless someone makes a bar for that set up. You'd need the 73-up k-member and use the 73-up sway bar. Yes to everything 67, the tie rod assembly will bolt up to the 73 spindle. Idler should be unique to the 67.

The 73-76 setup used a K member with openings in the bottom to allow mounting of the sway bar. The 67-72 models mounted the sway bar further forward on the outside of the K member. Both designs work fine but you need to use all of one design or all of the other. You cannot mix and match because the stuff will not fit together.

Also you will need to mount the spindles so brakes are behind the rotor not out front as they were on the 73 otherwise if you do add a 67-72 swaybar to your 67 k frame the calipers will hit it. Its as easy as swapping spindles from side to side. DrDiff makes the longer hoses needed for 73 up disc brakes used in the rearward position.

73 up sway bar went through the middle of K and attached at a tab near the middle of lower arms length. Pre 73 sway bar went around the K and attached at a tab very near the lower ball joint end of lower arm. So nope.

-
Back