737 MAX CRASH

-
They said that through satellite tracking they could see many similarities to what had happened in the Ethiopia crash in the flights in Canadian air. There was not a warm fuzzy feeling of confidence. Therefore they called for the ban.

Edit: The radio I heard earlier implied this, but actually it was the two crashes in Indonesia and Ethiopia.

Last edited:
So he's an aviation engineer too now. Amazing.
In a statement, the Federal Aviation Administration confirmed that its ordering a temporary grounding of Boeing 737 Max aircraft, citing "new evidence collected at the site and analyzed today," and "refined satellite data."

Boeing said it supported the FAA and the Trump administration's decision. The company said it recommended the FAA to temporarily suspend the global operations of all its 371 Max aircrafts.

In a statement, the Federal Aviation Administration confirmed that its ordering a temporary grounding of Boeing 737 Max aircraft, citing "new evidence collected at the site and analyzed today," and "refined satellite data."

Boeing said it supported the FAA and the Trump administration's decision. The company said it recommended the FAA to temporarily suspend the global operations of all its 371 Max aircrafts.
More to the story! Thanks for the update.

It says Trump grounded them. So was it "Trump" or the FAA?

They can't fly to or over Canada, they can't fly to or over Mexico, they can't fly in any other Country. They only could fly in the USA? Yea, I think there might be is a problem here.

Is he talking about airplanes or the new cars.
(I'm sure everyone on here will get the irony).

"Airplanes are becoming far too complex to fly. Pilots are no longer needed, but rather computer scientists from MIT. I see it all the time in many products. Always seeking to go one unnecessary step further, when often old and simpler is far better. Split second decisions are...."

Boeing builds an amazing aircraft supported by the best engineering teams and techs in the world, they will get this sorted. It’s damage control and perception they are managing now. At the end of the day, sounds like with proper training, the pilots could have avoided these issues. Flight crital systems are generally 3 X redundant with back up options. Sad either way.

I thought modern planes had very redundant voting systems that kept one event or sensor from moving control surfaces without multiple verifications?

Information Void in Plane Crash Leads Many to Take Action
That absence of information — fear of the unknown — has led dozens of countries to ground the Boeing 737 Max 8.
Information Void in Plane Crash Leads Many to Take Action | Industrial Equipment News (IEN)
My fear is not knowing if the plane is going to make it to the destination, or dive into the ground before it gets there. Trump may feel the same way, as he has now banned all Max 8 and 9 aircraft from flight within the US. I would be afraid to get on one, until they fix the MCAS system, which points the nose downward when it's close to a stall. They are looking closely at the role that has played in the recent crashes of 2 brand new MAX 8s. That system is only used on the MAX 8 and 9. Maneuvering Characteristics Augmentation System. Sounds complicated. Too bad no one bothered to train the pilots on how to use it, or turn it off.

Last edited:
I've worked in the auto industry for most of my life, and before I had to leave my job and retire i was seeing electric brakes being designed for cars, it won't be long until brakes are totally electronic, I hate to trust my life to something as simple as a bad wire or sensor, technology is just taking it too far for me.

It says Trump grounded them. So was it "Trump" or the FAA?
Well it was Trump who first implemented the grounding before noon today, not long after Canada and the rest of the world had done so. We were the last ones. I'm sure the FAA followed along after that, to go along with the president. This whole thing is so tragic, with the loss of life. And I feel it could have been prevented with a little training for the pilots, and some tweaking of the MCAS. The new software updates will rely on several sensors inputs , rather than 1, before it noses the plane downward. And they will now provide training for pilots on how to use the system. Why they decided to not tell the pilots about it beforehand is beyond me.

Screenshot_20190313-140535.png
Screenshot_20190313-140613.png
Screenshot_20190313-140634.png
Here is some basic info on the MCAS, worth reading.

Trump didn’t ground the planes, the FAA did. All Trump did was comment about it.

There was no Presidential declaration for grounding the aircraft.

“WHAT PROMPTED THE FAA TO ACT?

The Federal Aviation Administration initially declined to ground the 737 Max, cautioning against comparing the Ethiopian Airlines crash with the October crash of a Lion Air 737 Max off of Indonesia or assuming that they are related.

Pressure on the FAA grew as more than 40 countries including the entire European Union and Canada suspended flights by the plane or barred it from their airspace.

On Wednesday, the agency ordered the grounding, saying that new information from the wreckage in Ethiopia, along with satellite-based tracking of the flight path, “indicates some similarities” between the Ethiopia and Indonesia crashes.

The agency said it was ordering the jets’ grounding while investigators determine whether there was a shared cause of the two crashes.”

Pretty sure the president first ordered the grounding, then the FAA followed suit.
Screenshot_20190313-202558.png
Trump didn’t ground the planes, the FAA did. All Trump did was comment about it.

There was no Presidential declaration for grounding the aircraft.

Last edited:
Pretty sure the president first ordered the grounding, then the FAA followed suit.View attachment 1715302995
Incorrect reporting. The President announced the grounding but the decision was made by the FAA.

“While President Donald Trump announced the ban on television, acting FAA Administrator Dan Elwell said he made the decision with the support of Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao.
"We were resolute in our position that we would not take action until we had data to support taking action," Elwell told reporters. "That data coalesced today and we made the call."

When I mentioned the Special TV News bulletin announcing Pres. Trump had grounded these planes, I did not realize I needed to choose my words as careful as D.C. lawyer. Just passing along the info I had just seen.
No doubt, after 2 recent crashes, the rest of the free world grounds them, and the knowledge the FAA and the builder has, they would be grounded to sort out what the problems are.

Although the FAA had said there was no basis or solid evidence for grounding, I still think the crashes of 2 brand new MAX 8s, right after take off, was pretty solid evidence that something somewhere was wrong. They grounded the 787 a few years ago for a battery problem! I think the FAA and Boeing are a little too cozy.

-
Back