74 Dart 360 Sport

-

4.7Light

Reaction score
I finally get to join in the fun and leave my Jeeping behind for a bit. Picked this up off the site for sale. Still waiting on shipping but super excited none the less!

360 duster 1.jpg

360 duster 2.jpg

360 duster 6.jpg

360 duster 9.jpg

360 duster 5.jpg

360 duster 4.jpg

Been having great fun shipping but looks like it will be here next week. What a pain in the arse! Hope not to do that for a while. Plan to document the whole journey with cost. Won't post cost it's driving though

I've got a spread sheet on mine, to track costs. So far, it hasn't been too bad; but I will be doing some of the work (paint) over again. I can chalk that up as a cost of learning. I have also been taking pictures as I go.

Finally on the way glad it will be here Wednesday. More nervous than a bag wet cats be glad when panels are on. I'm concerned how this driver side was cut. Wished it was left alone but a guy who had to many cars started on it then stopped. By the door is my main worry and they cut way to much out. Now I know some will say do it all. I will strip other side see what I got take only what I need out. Mainly panels are not perfect and I dont want an F'ed body line to door. I'm a welder years back. Son in law couple years now. More concerned with getting her in place. I got a shop says they blend paint well see how it is when done and how much I gotta take off. Tough color as well.

IMG_2850.jpg

360 duster 2.jpg

360 duster 1.jpg

Finally home and yes me and my grandsons made car noises already. I didn't expect the feeling I got once I was in it. I'm 16 and a new driver all over again. What a great feeling.

IMG_20211020_105921.jpg

IMG_20211020_093121.jpg

Made a trip to harbor freight got some things I needed. Still need to get the hangers or bolt through holders for the panels as I spot weld. Name escapes me right now I saw on the cheap. Did get a fuel line temporary ran tonight started and scared the neighbors ☺️ good times. Wifey did not let me leave driveway hahaha. But my wife gets why I got this kids both have gone for years to shows with me and we're already helping. Even at 24 and 26 they were like little kids. Caught my daughter in driver's seat making car noises

Panels I got patient I will be!

View attachment 1715808044
The Dart wheel tubs I have from purchase will not work on Duster demon or dart sport. I will need to sell these and purchase the correct ones. Parts I have for sale are 770 1067 L and 770 1067 R. If you have the duster or demon outer wheel tub let me know. I'm stuck waiting and pissed off.

Exciting stuff and keep the progress pictures coming. Nice to see another late year A body being saved!
Based on the production date of July 11, it’s a late build 74 model year which might explain why it appears to have a ‘75 instrument cluster (noted by the second idiot lamp between the headlight switch and speedometer).

Last edited:
Exciting stuff and keep the progress pictures coming. Nice to see another late year A body being saved!
Based on the production date of July 11, it’s a late build 74 model year which might explain why it appears to have a ‘75 instrument cluster (noted by the second idiot lamp between the headlight switch and speedometer).
Yeah I was shocked at low numbers built this year more excited that very few were the v8 360. I laugh that this was economy it's much longer than wife's Grand Cherokee.

Not real happy with flux core welder it will work for spot welds but I may do the flange with 3M epoxy back panels. Seen them installed on trucks and for warping this may be just the ticket for top body line of panel. I did get a big order into AMD correct outer wheel wells, gas tank 3/8 sending unit and other goodies. I did find a steering wheel maybe I will do the GT like you all have been doing that big blue is ugly as well.

Flux core is definitely not your friend when doing sheet metal. If you can get a C02 kit and bottle you'll be much happier with the results.

Got the drivers rear cut correctly so I can get that done and get the wheel well repairs done. Waiting for tubs and test fitted side will work out good. Other side passenger not as bad it's getting patched not this crazy repair!

IMG_20211023_143207.jpg

IMG_20211023_191010_01.jpg

Got more test fitted today lot of work you wouldn't know it. Meg 140 tinanium welder was better mig again so easy. When you put on a trunk extension measure the old one Jesus want to kill this guy did work prior! But progress is progress!

IMG_20211024_181826.jpg

I can't stress enough make sure you order body parts for the correct gen and year lol. A Dart/scamp trunk extension is not the same as Duster or Dart sport. Way different in back and angle and drop in front. Modifying crap was not part of plan but it's done and next side I won't be doing all of this be a much smaller repair passenger side.

-
Back