74 Dart 360 Sport

-
More done today needle scaler on the rear tubs and will sand and por15 those. Then we'll work on floor underside tomorrow pull ebrake off soak in bucket of evapo rust see what I get. E brakesm cables read on here you can save these sometimes. Pull the drive shaft clean that up paint and get some spicer ujoints. Sand the last underside and coat that as well I did make some car cribs I'm loving these. Awesome sauce great idea. I need to center my gas tank lol some crackhead didn't do it right first time sigh. This is really great last nasty stuff is getting done garage is getting cleaner. Crazy idiot covered in crap enjoy.

IMG_20220304_135043.jpg

IMG_20220304_134915.jpg

IMG_20220304_134223.jpg

IMG_20220304_134201.jpg

Gettin there:thumbsup:
How about a picture of the needle scaler you mention. When I was in the Navy (80-85) they were used on the ship, removed all sorts of stuff with them. I just can't picture the bigass ones we used not totally ruining sheet metal on a car.

Gettin there:thumbsup:
How about a picture of the needle scaler you mention. When I was in the Navy (80-85) they were used on the ship, removed all sorts of stuff with them. I just can't picture the bigass ones we used not totally ruining sheet metal on a car.

I remember those. Gotta agree, I’d think they would punch holes in the sheet metal instead of knocking paint and rust off it.

So a big update rear end is out and wow what a can of worms. I don't care how much heat or Pb blaster you use that **** is breaking. Shackles done, lower shock mounts toast and one lower perch stud snapped. Snapped off right front leaf spring was already broke before I started. Rear brake lines no leaks but beyond saving. So I ordered lower shock mount studs Mancini, Leafs and Usbolts from General Spring, new shackles left and right, full set brake lines front/rear from inlinetube and new brackets and hose for rearend. Began the cleaning pressure washed scrapped down putty knife and sprayed down degreaser again. Removed the air shocks which probably broke the spring. Trying to decide on which rear shocks to get.

IMG_20220306_134231.jpg

IMG_20220306_133614.jpg

IMG_20220307_195248.jpg

On a good note I'm still having fun this car is a big box of Legos and Erector set all in one! Lots of parts are arriving the list is getting smaller. If somebody would swim out to the container ships and get my marker lights and steering wheel that would be great!

Lots of parts came in waiting for brake lines but I will paint under coat underneath before they go in. No rush rear end is stripped clean and degreaser again and Corroseal ready for a quick coat of black. Tired tonight but sure is nice rust is gone it's clean now!

IMG_20220309_201658.jpg

IMG_20220309_211142.jpg

IMG_20220309_211148.jpg

IMG_20220309_211206.jpg

IMG_20220309_211229.jpg

Rear end painted all brackets evaporust scrubbed and Corroseal and painted gloss black. I'm trying to decide on shocks. I want a better performance shock better than stock front and back. No modification required. Brakes lines shipped so that will be all new and worry free. All my bolts are here I can do leafs and brackets.

IMG_20220312_093242.jpg

Cold garage finished gauge cluster new guages installed light bulbs and socket tested. Ready to go in car after I touch up flat black by screws.

IMG_20220312_114721.jpg

Last edited:
Good thing you got to those springs and rear end stuff it looks like it was an accident waiting to happen...
It truly becomes Legos once it's all been taken apart and put back together with good stuff. The next time you have to take it apart to make modifications it truly is Legos cuz you've been there and it's all brand new...

Good thing you got to those springs and rear end stuff it looks like it was an accident waiting to happen...
It truly becomes Legos once it's all been taken apart and put back together with good stuff. The next time you have to take it apart to make modifications it truly is Legos cuz you've been there and it's all brand new...
Yeah that was a shocker the broken spring!

Many, many moons ago on a street car I had at the time which had big coil springs in the front and I had staggered in leaf springs from another vehicle into the existing (giving me 6 left and 7 right) I used Monroe 10/90s up front and 50/50s in the back. The 10/90s helped the front lift to transfer weight to the rear and the 50/50's allowed it to squat a bit. It actually rode very well, not bouncy or harsh just on the firmer side. Depends on what you're after ride wise and type of performance you're looking for. I've used Bilstein shocks on several vehicles and am extremely pleased with them. Example: my 99 2500 Dodge Cummins 8800gvw, I installed Bilstein yellow/blue, well over 140k miles ago and it still rides like the day I installed them.

Many, many moons ago on a street car I had at the time which had big coil springs in the front and I had staggered in leaf springs from another vehicle into the existing (giving me 6 left and 7 right) I used Monroe 10/90s up front and 50/50s in the back. The 10/90s helped the front lift to transfer weight to the rear and the 50/50's allowed it to squat a bit. It actually rode very well, not bouncy or harsh just on the firmer side. Depends on what you're after ride wise and type of performance you're looking for. I've used Bilstein shocks on several vehicles and am extremely pleased with them. Example: my 99 2500 Dodge Cummins 8800gvw, I installed Bilstein yellow/blue, well over 140k miles ago and it still rides like the day I installed them.
I looked at the Monroe but they are very cheap obviously. I want a stiffer ride not a carnival ride like my 73 was and horrible body roll I need to get a rear stabilizer bar. I want to feel the road not a sponge.

Today was a great day I got the whole underside stripped. I power sprayed then degreaser and rinsed then soap again and rinse. Followed by power spray and soap garage! Then swept out and three big *** fans blowing under the car to dry it off and I toweled it off as well to get the pools of water. Plan to primer then paint then under coat then brake lines exhaust and rear go in. Doing shocks then drive shaft and exhaust last. I hope this 3 inch works going to be tight around gas tank LMAO. Im calling out for help on the engine harness and light relay. In sure I can do it just would rather have a little help. Anyone in NE Oklahoma Bartlesville area hit me up I love to smoke brisket from KC I make good BBQ. Bribe for help. I got my studs in for the front leaf perch. I put rear in till I'm done painting under coating.

Rear brake lines on the rearend. New Mancini shock studs in. That drill bit for multiple sizes finally earned his keep. Drill a small hole went to town!

IMG_20220314_183831.jpg

Last edited:
Took your advice give the Monroe a go. Worst case I can buy something else later when I do the rear sway bar or rear disc eventually.

Got the rear leafs on I know I could have done as assembly. I will swing rear in after I undercoat. Found a little spot left rear floor underside I will clean that up and spray.

IMG_20220315_215925.jpg

IMG_20220313_205104.jpg

Got the little spot I found fixed up then got the rear area done will spray the rest of the bottom. I will remove brake line bracket just hanging loose and soak that evapo rust bolts are not rusted just needed clean up. Rear can go back in now back shackle are loose just drop the leaf roll rear in easy peasy how I took it out.

IMG_20220316_215324.jpg

Rear end is in went well. Got the old rear brake line out soaking bracket for clean up. Tomorrow no car time relax then Saturday get the front floor done coated and rear brake replacement in. Nice getting a car without piles of rust what a difference. Gotta remember to get paint for rear drums and ujoints and driveshaft I'm going to go with the heat drum paint I think. I still need to torque leaf bolts front/back and u-bolts for rear. Cut off the extra length u-bolts could have ordered 7 inch been fine lol.

IMG_20220317_205900.jpg

-
Back