74 Dart 360 Sport

-
All cleaned up parts and k member needs more clean up of course. It's a hundred times better gawd all the grease and crap.

IMG_20220329_204019.jpg

All except K member ready for new parts and paint. K I stripped again and blasted the crap out of and hand scrubbed. Then took a wire wheel to it. Welds were fixed prior to me already in great shape. I know this as they left the wire from the mig in spots. Less that was the factory. Plenty to do of course!

IMG_20220330_162215.jpg

IMG_20220330_162203.jpg

Tomorrow drop off the lower and upper control arms get the ball joint and bushings in. Just easier for me. Don't feel like messing with it. Dog put down this week and grand kid with covid in ICU sad week. Grand daughter is better grandpa is worn out.

IMG_20220331_205445.jpg

Last edited:
Another coat of paint both sides and ready to go back on the car. It got hot tanked to get the last of crap off and another blast with the power sprayer. I soaked the inside of it with Corroseal basically I dipped it. I got a gloss black I bought for the gun will spray it all this weekend.

IMG_20220401_165725.jpg

All done ready to start putting it back together. Upper ball joint in and bushings and lower control arm bushings all set.

IMG_20220403_204552.jpg

Man have had a lot of deliveries LMAO. Please keep me off Amazon classic industries inlinetube norms speed shop American restorations Mancini Year One and missing a couple....anyways assembly is going great. Soon! The tire is off my daughter Fiat Dart but the size pretty close to what I want 225/45 R17

IMG_20220409_124541.jpg

IMG_20220329_165725.jpg

IMG_20220329_165735.jpg

1649527313520340345116473969918.jpg

Loving all the shiny new stuff I can do without the high allergies today terrible headache about done for today.

IMG_20220410_134208.jpg

Alright motivation picture upper A arms are in will be terrifying driving to alignment shop lol. But I'm sure alignment with all new stuff will be fun. Guy that helps with this part has an E body Cuda and Charger so I'm in good hands. Plan to get him over for some work when I rebuild engine. I know I should do now but not sure on direction still. You read my thread I'm having fun and all over the place! Guess once get this buttoned up time to put on engine harness rebuild carb I'm terrified but I'm sure it will be fine. Thermoquad fun I hope so!

IMG_20220411_204547.jpg

Pictures tomorrow I'm to tired to go back out the night went from 84 yesterday to tonight will be 30 degrees what the heck I'm over whiplash plains weather! I got the K frame and all and steering box and shocks in place I need to tighten my power steering hoses. Drop the starter in then I will do the tie rods steering assembly and torsion bar last. Doing a mini starter new no reproduction crap. Really close to back on car cradles for exhaust and drive shaft. I'm excited I will be able to drive car to alignment! I think I'm going to be happy with how things went in the end I felt really good doing the suspension. I had a 73 Duster as kid I did this with my Dad he's still here but he can't do this with me at 84. He loves to still talk old Mopars as he sold the 50s to 90s cars. We did the suspension on my car at 16 and he would guide me but I did 90 percent. Would tell me Vince you know how to do this you rebuild your 80 and 125 two strokes on your bikes it's just big Legos! He was right and what a great way to spin down and calm down from work. What a great outlet the car is l didn't think I would feel like a kid again doing this. I wanted to for years watching the builds. The memories flood in and it's like a time machine. I may get it done and start over on E body got my eye on a Cuda calling my name.

Got it all back together realized the tie rods looked off they were! Then I check driver lower ball joint absolutely garbage machined. Didn't finish the hole where taper is set. So see that I blew it all apart sent everything back but bushings and upper ball joints. Stay away from AR resto parts. Very unhappy took a week off pretty much so now I get to put it together again touch up the paint I'm pissed. Then of course wth is up with height for a arm lower for torsion bar set and taking out the bump stop is wrong I never did this on my 73 Duster that way. The books on this are terrible just pop the bar in I'm the height bolt having it smashed into adjuster didn't come out that way. I read if right jack the lower a arm all assembled and then insert the bar with adjuster arm level should be about ride height correct? I added some pictures just frustrated and it's probably right just irked right now vent over lol. Bottom picture should be able to see the lever adjustment bottom with bolt backed out will do that on ground. I hope this is right or I can do it again it's ok tell me it's off won't hurt my feelings.

IMG_20220419_193800.jpg

IMG_20220419_193831.jpg

IMG_20220419_193841.jpg

IMG_20220419_201441.jpg

Last edited:
Got it all back together realized the tie rods looked off they were! Then I check driver lower ball joint absolutely garbage machined. Didn't finish the hole where taper is set. So see that I blew it all apart sent everything back but bushings and upper ball joints. Stay away from AR resto parts. Very unhappy took a week off pretty much so now I get to put it together again touch up the paint I'm pissed. Then of course wth is up with height for a arm lower for torsion bar set and taking out the bump stop is wrong I never did this on my 73 Duster that way. The books on this are terrible just pop the bar in I'm the height bolt having it smashed into adjuster didn't come out that way. I read if right jack the lower a arm all assembled and then insert the bar with adjuster arm level should be about ride height correct? I added some pictures just frustrated and it's probably right just irked right now vent over lol. Bottom picture should be able to see the lever adjustment bottom with bolt backed out will do that on ground. I hope this is right or I can do it again it's ok tell me it's off won't hurt my feelings.

View attachment 1715910652

View attachment 1715910653

View attachment 1715910654

View attachment 1715910662
:mob::mad:...:elmer:....

Hahaha exactly I had short man syndrome meltdown hahaha. It's going back now I was just not happy the mess I found with the ball joint and other stupid stuff ensued. Cheap Chinese inner tie rods as well that sent me over the edge.

Hahaha exactly I had short man syndrome meltdown hahaha. It's going back now I was just not happy the mess I found with the ball joint and other stupid stuff ensued. Cheap Chinese inner tie rods as well that sent me over the edge.
I call it the struggle... After doing it long enough you learn to embrace the struggle and expect it...

Front end almost ready to drop down pick up mini starter and battery cables for the starter and get brake lines up front done. Then back to drive shaft u joints and ebrake and dearlord I just wanna finish the body again haha. Did I really say that? Will do the exhaust I guess and get it running again once that's back on least I can move it around a bit. Engine harness gathering dust I will do that with the brake boost and master off! I got boxes of new crap and a capital project at work is not helping me!

Both sides like this minus the inner tie rod starter side is off and pitman arm still loose with nut on it.

IMG_20220420_202502.jpg

Starter on and a 1998 Dakota is a perfect fit connection type and size for my headers from summit are perfect fit. It fit like it was made to be there amazing good experience here and thanks for the site details on this setup.

IMG_20220421_204628.jpg

IMG_20220421_204640.jpg

IMG_20220421_104435.jpg

I got the engine harness in great day. Upper brake lines in all connected to the distribution block. Battery cables all set connected and in there spot. Still need to finish the steering assembly not a biggie will pop off idler and get the pitman connected again. Son in-law came over ASE certified never hurts lol not worked on these old Mopars but I think we gave him the bug lol! He liked how simple it is. No football field of wires he said lmao.

The light relay kit is in need to zip tie and add get some more wire tie downs and I need to get some line clamps with grommets for rear
brake line to back.

Brake lines done need to bleed system no leaks so far. Front suspension linkage back in pitman arm back on. Headers clear fine plenty of room no bad noises or rubbing. If anyone needs these old harnesses they are in good shape I just didn't want to mess with.

IMG_20220426_210629.jpg

IMG_20220426_210611.jpg

IMG_20220424_162900.jpg

Last edited:
Ebrake cable back including the not so fun one replaced firewall. Adjust that and I can do the drive shaft and get to the exhaust finally! Plan is get this done weather is wear I can paint soon and get interior in. Attached couple pics from relay install.

IMG_20220427_181506_01.jpg

IMG_20220427_181500_01.jpg

Did something simple tonight new headlight switch connector, adjusted ebrake and got my brake line secured to rear. Amazing how clean it is under car now really nice no crap falling. Need to put on the column shifter, get gauge cluster back in, steering wheel and carpet wow did I really say that..... soon! Will pull doors off get door jam and inner door painted, hinge repair kit installed. Not sure what I will do without her to keep me away from crap tv...

Exhaust and driveshaft going in so I can finally drop the car on the ground. Once I get the exhaust where I want it I plan to tack up. Weld out of car after.

IMG_20220429_201828.jpg

IMG_20220429_201844.jpg

Real happy with exhaust not on tipless exhaust well see. Any ideas what are you all doing with cut slanted chrome tip? Moved tank over much as I could bent the pass gas tank corner. Plan to have buddy owns exhaust shop make it real pretty later.

IMG_20220501_200220.jpg

IMG_20220501_200248.jpg

Here is the seat order I placed in 340 blue. I can't believe the price and it's the same as what classic industries and legendary was offering fraction of the cost! I was really happy not spending 500 each for front and back. I still need to get kit for the foam and such. Got the hog ring pliers and rings. 6605-BEN 1972 Duster Demon Front Bench Rear Bench Seat Cover

-
Back