74 Dart 360 Sport

-
Ok so I have not touched the adjustment yet but is it off by a clock on the torsion bar it's easy to jack up change not tightened the lower nut yet or will the adjustment give me that much back? Tested steering wheel fit good to go and the drive shaft ready to go back in.

IMG_20220502_163431.jpg

IMG_20220502_140247.jpg

IMG_20220502_135012.jpg

IMG_20220502_135023.jpg

Will be pulling the torsion bar out and upper bump stop to clock down a notch to get front height right this weekend. Annoying thought it was right my own fault for lousy pictures reference points.

You're making some great progress, car is looking good!
Yeah it's is coming together as Jpar said I'm in the struggle lol for sure! So much for the struggle maybe that stuff I took apart needed better notes and bags meh what fun would that be!. I have done this front end style in A and C body years back just my memory and pictures I had were lousy. Jim set me straight so will get there now. It was a low rider lol but we'll be ok now I think.

received_385173483496350.jpeg

Got the torsion bars set right now. Can get back to the fast pace now and finish up. Month of BS work and stressed me made this that much harder. Was easy once I got some advice thanks again Jim.

IMG_20220505_202638_01.jpg

IMG_20220505_190044_01.jpg

Realized today I forgot to put on the new shift lever to replace the Hurst crap one the 727 course now headers are in the way and the exhaust in lol. Meh I will figure it out maybe a little bushing to take out the slack in it. Drive shaft is in drive line completed.

The shifting lever is back on the transmission and I have a full used Hurst floor shifter all pieces if anyone needs one one. This being a bench seat car I plan to keep that way as I have five grand children! No skin on my knuckles I will say you can you better know what it feels like when your fumbling around...no comment! A book helped here for reference!

IMG_20220509_203218_01.jpg

Got the window wiper assembly redone tonight. Nothing like boiling plastic bushings oh what fun and installed. I should have pictures gauge cluster going in.

So planning to look at the dreaded checklist! It has alot if things done. I need help choosing offset and wheels seen great articles. I want a wheel that I can do a nine inch tire rear with room for about a half inch on side rear for clearance. My understanding is that front 8 inch front on a 18 rim is easy clearance. Just don't want to mess up the offsets. All stock no relocation kits I'm not going crazy just some fun runs strip to start and cruising. No 15 or 16 avoiding that want a more modern tire wheel combo.

Fire in the hole runs great gotta pull out the heater core I'm doing classic air so will by pass pull out keep it all I have no plans to drive really cold ever. Need a dimmer switch wipers great now lights great. Charging as expected now wow is this exhaust throaty and loud awesome choice. Makes me rumble and grin like a 16 year old! Ordering a new dimmer floor switch.

Managed to get steering wheel in today raised ride height up a bit. Need to get to alignment when I can. Torqued the leaf springs and rear end u-bolts finally changed the oil new filter and such. Heater core bypass done. Got half the car wet sanded to 600 grit then 800 and primer. She is in the driveway right soon as I stared neighbors come running lmao! Passenger side the side that's 600 and the drivers is tomorrow.

IMG_20220514_192622.jpg

IMG_20220514_192603.jpg

Last edited:
My seats showed up and my insulation under dash is incoming and dimmer switch. Wow really starting to see a finish line! Not ever done obviously 48 year car July 22.

IMG_20220516_090004.jpg

Managed to a get pretty good start on it all. Wife had her garage back for two days LMAO!

IMG_20220516_140526.jpg

Got two areas foam repaired bench and driver's seat back. I got one cover on minus the hog rings and bench. Will get the rings in before I do the rear. Plan is get them all set and put away safely for now. I will bag the old covers should I ever decide I want them back doubt it blue green not my thing nor are fabric stripes lmao!

IMG_20220516_205846.jpg

Got both top side of front bench done. Not perfect but once it sits a bit the heat and such will lay better. They were not perfect tears or not to start with. I hate hog rings those pliers are worthless should have used a gun I read! Was nice watching tv with wife in the AC!

IMG_20220517_214946.jpg

Front bench is ready to go back in car I'm sure someone will say I could steamed stretched it more I'm glad it's done. I plan to drive this to work as it's 5 miles unless rain is forecast its my car or to cold out.

IMG_20220519_214406.jpg

Managed to get the seats all done together and p66 floor sound deadening in. Will get seats in shortly and carpet. Plan to mask car off really really good and paint in car seen others do it and done before myself.

IMG_20220523_085909.jpg

IMG_20220523_085844.jpg

I'm aware the little plastic pieces look like **** plan to buy some new panels for front seat lever and four arm rest as well and get door panels front and rear same color it will have the wood just not lagoon blue the more I looked at blue green and stripes the more I hated it. Even reversed not faded was a little to 70s even for this born 1969 old man lol! Will I be able to get them with the ashtray or am I going to have cut mine up or paint is my real concern.

Carpet in seats in got one wire to connect up and slid the seats belts through not a rush though. Time to do rebuild carburetor ugh lol!

IMG_20220523_154222.jpg

IMG_20220523_154202.jpg

IMG_20220523_151241.jpg

IMG_20220523_125504.jpg

Good stopping point carb almost done and dearlord they ran it with rusty gas tank idiots! I spy a bunch of dirt that's not a fun car game....

IMG_20220523_210603_02.jpg

IMG_20220523_203819.jpg

IMG_20220523_164558.jpg

Wow, ya got 2 years on me, and are skilled like mad! I'd be bugging everyone here to get that much detail! Or just some books, local Bros, and trail and Error

Wow, ya got 2 years on me, and are skilled like mad! I'd be bugging everyone here to get that much detail! Or just some books, local Bros, and trail and Error
I did this as kid...no toy was untouchable I was going to take apart figure it out. Bikes, dirt bikes then Mopars and Ford's grew up around 4 mechanics. They would get weekend work throw work at me do it kid.

-
Back