74 Dart 360 Sport

-
Driving daily now cruising around really enjoying the car. 16 was 1985 so it been a while since I drove an old Mopar. Lots of waves and thumbs up. Wife really enjoys car and daughter.

Last edited:
Drove on the highway for about a half hour at 75mph. Really waking up now wow will this car move just really shocked what the upgrades have done. It is very civil on the highway no drone what so ever and drives out well. Smooth riding on good roads. I need to do something about the driver door glass driving me nuts rattling when down.

The purpose I built the car for has been fulfilled. My oldest grandson Noah loves Hot wheels. So today he road in his first Hotwheel. He was scared at first so we quietly goofed around neighborhood. Side roads and then went out to pals who has farm he got to pet baby goats meet Charlotte the 900 or so pound pig. He was excited she let him touch her and talked to him. Fed her some fruit. While leaving he said go Papa go. So Papa made his first burnout for the first grandson. Pretty sure I'm a big deal again hahahaha. Now I got black soot all over my quarter panels....! I get home I turn around and the kid is out. How does a kid sleep in car like this.

Enjoying the holiday weekend. Little car seat in the back for the boys to ride with Papa.

IMG20230528192553.jpg

IMG20230528192521.jpg

IMG20230528192539.jpg

We're going to do our first show this Saturday sun or shine in Bartlesville Oklahoma Sunfest. I need to put on my new valve covers and some other stuff. I plan to get a vacuum gauge tune the carb correctly lean it out a bit. Not terrible just whole garage smells like gas when I get back after a drive no leaks just to much fuel.

your dart turned out great! nice work
Thanks we're not done yet but probably never will be. I bought it to keep changing it of course. This is my stage 1. Stage two buckets, console floor shifter and new column. Rear disc brakes of course and a 3.55 gear set. I did manage to get my Mopar valve covers on and had to modify them as 540 lift is an issue where the vent was and steel under it. Tall valve covers what a joke Summit.

IMG20230530144908.jpg

Driving daily now cruising around really enjoying the car. 16 was 1985 so it been a while since I drove an old Mopar. Lots of waves and thumbs up. Wife really enjoys car and daughter.
I love the waves and thumbs up, it’s nice to see other people can appreciate the old cars we drive. I’ve got a 74 Dart Sport 360 that’s been cloned into a Duster (pics below), and it’s great when I’m at a gas station and people come over to look and take pictures.

I need to do something about the driver door glass driving me nuts rattling when down.

When you figure out what needs to be fixed / replaced, make sure to post as I’m having the same problem! I haven’t taken the door card off yet to see what’s going on but I’m hoping it just needs new felt / whiskers.

IMG_5300.jpeg

IMG_5302.jpeg

I love the waves and thumbs up, it’s nice to see other people can appreciate the old cars we drive. I’ve got a 74 Dart Sport 360 that’s been cloned into a Duster (pics below), and it’s great when I’m at a gas station and people come over to look and take pictures.

When you figure out what needs to be fixed / replaced, make sure to post as I’m having the same problem! I haven’t taken the door card off yet to see what’s going on but I’m hoping it just needs new felt / whiskers.

View attachment 1716096483

View attachment 1716096484
Yeah I suspect the hardware soft goods need replaced. Passenger is new glass but other stuff was probably used a lot less as its quiet.

So the classic industries dimmer switch and Ron Francis ones are both junk. Both came apart no I'm not mashing they just are cheap Chinese junk. Super glue gel outside and crimp it again and got one working again. 459 miles lol

Lot of clunks and noise from 727A. I think it's letting me know it does not approve lol. Has anyone used the AX41 automatic from SST? Turn key conversion to a 4 speed auto 4l60 is similar but I want something more simple not all custom using old stuff building a kit myself.
TREMEC TKX, TREMEC Magnum & SST A41 Conversion Kits for 1967-1976 Mopar A-Body: Dart, Valiant, Barracuda, Duster, & Scamp
I have a customer who has thier five speed stick shift and it leaked after less than five hundred miles... paid to ship it back... bought a second one as well and it's leaking after the same amount of miles...

You can rebuild the 727 for about $120...
Yeah I would do reverse valve body kit as well and new torque converter for obvious reasons. I need a new drive shaft o think as well and to rebuild rear end with new gear set. Not sure if I can rebuild it or not. Need to see who can rebuild them locally and what they would charge.

Took my Dad out 84 years old used to be for years a manager at Faddis in Shawnee Kansas. He grins ear to ear in it. We hit 2nd chirp about 6200 rpm then third about 5600 and chirp again and speedo check and holy cow we backed out hahaha. Friendly wave from the sheriff lol! This thing is addictive.....

Billboard graphics are going on side of car hopefully this week. My birthday present from my wife.

So again after removing Monroe shocks are junk. Cheaply made garbage. I also added two springs on kickdown one at the transmission and one at the cable side on carb. So far its working better Lokar kickdown instructions are terrible you need the springs they need to be put to task and called out for this.

IMG20230605194338.jpg

IMG20230605191837.jpg

IMG20230605191735.jpg

IMG20230605191831.jpg

Installed my new 15/16 brake master cylinder reservoir. Hopefully this one stays happy and the size difference is noticable. Hopefully no more leaking and responsive braking.

IMG20230606130842.jpg

Ok Monroe shocks have been pulled from all the parts stores in Oklahoma. What are you all using for rear shocks and go and why. Street strip car mostly street but closer to 450-475 HP this shock came apart due to defect.

Last edited:
Ok Monroe shocks have been pulled from all the parts stores in Oklahoma. What are you all using for rear shocks and go and why. Street strip car mostly street but closer to 450-475 HP this shock came apart due to defect.
Viking DA, just do it. Your ride is so nice and it’s a great way to easily level up your suspension.

Drove to work today. Really enjoy the new 15/16 master cylinder world of difference. Great stopping power now and I got to keep my factory power brakes. Will say the big disk up front and larger rear drums over the 7 1/4 all drum car I had as kid 73 is night and day. No more leaking good clean fluid throughout. I didn't have to change a thing great upgrade.

Centric Parts 130.63017 Centric Premium Brake Master Cylinders | Summit Racing.

Will have to replace upper and lower hose on radiator showing age shocker. Newer but no idea when, lower one has a drip and no spring in it so not as open as it should be. Little flat hose on lower water pump side. Drove to work three days really enjoying the car one of the more fun things I have done in a long time. Better than a trip to Hawaii! Side note I cannot run any ethanol fuel at all it runs terrible and even temps went up. I had to add stabilizer and point boost in it. 91 no ethanol is fine. 93 no ethanol is great and no issues at all.

IMG20230608080044.jpg

Turns out I was able to add the spring in the lower radiator hose and the upper was fine. Some jerk forgot to torque his water pump bolts, easy 15 minute fix no harm no fowl other than me freaking out when I saw the green drip drip drip.

I am now looking for buckets and a console A body or ideas on good swap from modern car. I'm still thinking the 727 is going bye bye for either a 5 speed that fits or a 4 speed auto burning up gas and high rpm is not smart lot of needless wear and tear I see happening and wasted gas for fun lol.

Last edited:
-
Back