74 Dart Swinger

-

Flat Rate

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can find chrome wheel well molding without breaking the bank? Prices I have found are over $200+ for all four. Is this just the reality of Mopar molding? Be kind. I am new at this!

Anyone know where I can find chrome wheel well molding without breaking the bank? Prices I have found are over $200+ for all four. Is this just the reality of Mopar molding? Be kind. I am new at this!

Unfortunately, yes, the world of Mopar restoration is not a budget friendly one. It is a costly endeavor for any make or model, but it seems that Mopar folks are hit a bit harder than most, maybe because of the high dollar B and E body cars, IDK, but it gets frustrating when one is trying to make a fun car out of something that is not likely going to ever be a highly valued piece. I'm not doing my car for anything more than something to have some fun with, and I could easily have chosen any other car, including another one that I currently own, I don't expect to sell it someday for a huge profit, I expect I'll be fortunate to recover my costs for parts, forget the hours I put in to put it together, but it's not about that for me. I like the car, and I enjoy (mostly anyway), the time that I spend on it as my reward is seeing the results of my efforts and knowing that I built it myself, with little or no help from anyone else. I can only suggest, as I have read others have, that you concentrate on one area at a time, and work as your budget allows, giving yourself the opportunity to enjoy it as you progress, that way it is less likely to becoming overwhelming in expense and downtime.

The car I am working on now, I bought on Jan 1, 2019. It did not run when I bought it, needed a great deal of work to make it both presentable and safe, and still has a ways to go before it will see the road. I have replaced the left rear 1/4 panel skin myself, something I had never attempted before, and I learned a great deal by doing so. I have been working on cars for over 45 years, but until this one, had never done major body repair. I still do not have a complete engine for it, but I'm getting close, won't know if the transmission is any good until I get the motor together and in, have a patchwork of interior pieces that are not yet installed, etc. My point is to give yourself time and don't expect to get it all done in a few months, unless you have a big budget, don' t get frustrated by the cost of parts, look for good used pieces where possible, and really try to enjoy the process as much as you will the finished project.

Just my .02

Actually that is real good price if the condition is good. That trim in particular takes a good beating. Make sure the inner rim where it screws on is not eaten away.

You could also price new as a comparison.

Unfortunately, yes, the world of Mopar restoration is not a budget friendly one. It is a costly endeavor for any make or model, but it seems that Mopar folks are hit a bit harder than most, maybe because of the high dollar B and E body cars, IDK, but it gets frustrating when one is trying to make a fun car out of something that is not likely going to ever be a highly valued piece. I'm not doing my car for anything more than something to have some fun with, and I could easily have chosen any other car, including another one that I currently own, I don't expect to sell it someday for a huge profit, I expect I'll be fortunate to recover my costs for parts, forget the hours I put in to put it together, but it's not about that for me. I like the car, and I enjoy (mostly anyway), the time that I spend on it as my reward is seeing the results of my efforts and knowing that I built it myself, with little or no help from anyone else. I can only suggest, as I have read others have, that you concentrate on one area at a time, and work as your budget allows, giving yourself the opportunity to enjoy it as you progress, that way it is less likely to becoming overwhelming in expense and downtime.

The car I am working on now, I bought on Jan 1, 2019. It did not run when I bought it, needed a great deal of work to make it both presentable and safe, and still has a ways to go before it will see the road. I have replaced the left rear 1/4 panel skin myself, something I had never attempted before, and I learned a great deal by doing so. I have been working on cars for over 45 years, but until this one, had never done major body repair. I still do not have a complete engine for it, but I'm getting close, won't know if the transmission is any good until I get the motor together and in, have a patchwork of interior pieces that are not yet installed, etc. My point is to give yourself time and don't expect to get it all done in a few months, unless you have a big budget, don' t get frustrated by the cost of parts, look for good used pieces where possible, and really try to enjoy the process as much as you will the finished project.

Just my .02
Worth more than .02. Thanks for the reminders of the pleasure in the process.

Actually that is real good price if the condition is good. That trim in particular takes a good beating. Make sure the inner rim where it screws on is not eaten away.

You could also price new as a comparison.
Thanks. Fortunately the inner rims were in pretty good shape.

-
Back