74 Scamp swaped over to 72front and Rear??

-

KRYPTONITE1972

Reaction score
I have a 74 Scamp, and I want to put a 72 grille in instead of the 74, I will be buying a Fiberglass hood so hood doesn't matter.... will the fenders be the same or are they different? Is there anything else that needs to be changed?

also I want to put the 72 rear bumper on instead of the 74.... what needs to change for that to happen??

Has anyone done this before??, I just want to change my 74 scamp into a 72 scamp!!

Any pics???

THANKS FOR THE HELP

IIRC ...the 72 and 74 should interchange ...the markers are the same .....all you need is a front bumper, lower filler panel, grille, hood latch support, and hood.

Ok, so I must be having a Hard time understanding this, (SORRY) so your saying if I change front bumper, lower filler panel, hood latch support, and hood the grille will fit without changing the Fenders?

Ok, so I must be having a Hard time understanding this, (SORRY) so your saying if I change front bumper, lower filler panel, hood latch support, and hood the grille will fit without changing the Fenders?

yes ....the fenders should work, 72 Plymouth duster/scamp fenders didn't change much from 74 Plymouth duster/scamp fenders.

I did the same swap your doing but reverse .....i had a 72 duster and i got rid of the 72 front end and put a 75 duster front end on it by changing those items only .....the fenders stayed put where they were

duster and scamp had the same front end

yes ....the fenders should work, 72 Plymouth duster/scamp fenders didn't change much from 74 Plymouth duster/scamp fenders.

I did the same swap your doing but reverse .....i had a 72 duster and i got rid of the 72 front end and put a 75 duster front end on it by changing those items only .....the fenders stayed put where they were

duster and scamp had the same front end

Awesome, Thanks for the Info. that Helps, :prayer:

Now I need to find someone with the parts, Time to search!

Well I had a 72 scamp a few years back I built from ground up and I have been wanting one since I sold it, wasn't a Smart move by me at all!!

You also need the two L shaped tabs that go on the inside front of the fenders to mount the hood latch support.
They would be easy enough to make.

Attachments

• 20110505_200.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 306
  • 20100210_53.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 303
This what I did to my 74

Attachments

• DSCF0202.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 329
  • DSCF0204.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 339
Dang! That's a sweet car!! If I still had my 75 Scamp that's what I'd be doin!

Just go for it -- it's really not that bad to do as long as you have all the parts

You also need the two L shaped tabs that go on the inside front of the fenders to mount the hood latch support.
They would be easy enough to make.

Those 2 Tabs are what make 1972 Duster/Scamp Fenders 1-Year Only Fenders.

-
Back